1. Adriana's rating of the film Mother!

2. Absentia's rating of the film Mother!

one of the best movies of recent years

3. allexandra's rating of the film Mother!

4. Jorge Negrete's rating of the film Mother!

Efficient metaphors crave on subtlety. Aronofsky savagely murders it and then fucks it through every conceivable orifice, cause you know, this man's got a big dick and he needs to boast about it.

5. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Mother!

With its heavy lashings of bible-black wit, it defiantly earns its place in the pantheon of classic alegorical psychodramas: Repulsion, Rosemary's Baby, The Wicker Man, Don't Look Now, Eraserhead, Antichrist, Under the Skin etc. The biblical and environmental metaphors may be more overt, but for me it was interesting to view the events as a manifestation of her deepest fears as a woman, wife, daughter and mother.

6. ijol's rating of the film Mother!

My favorite Aronofsky after Requiem For A Dream. JLaw did really great here as well.

7. Tibulle85's rating of the film Mother!

(Vu en DVD) Darren Aronofsky invente(?) l'horreur allégorique, comme si l'esthétisme onirico-tortueux de Wojciech Has rencontrait le symbolisme hermétique de Mallarmé. Au final, un film marquant et même courageux dans une prod. actuelle svt aseptisée, ms avec un casting très sexy (J. Lawrence!) pr faire passer la pilule (hallucinogène).Bémols: le dernier 1/3 m'a semblé un peu trop expédié et la maison sous-exploitée.

8. Aurėja's rating of the film Mother!

9. patchwork's rating of the film Mother!

10. kakaok's rating of the film Mother!

Artsy movie, somewhere near Von-Trier's Dogma mood. I didn't like any of Aronofsky's movies after the Fountain. He makes it too much artsy-fartsy.

11. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Mother!

3.4 A Polanski homage gone wild in the end. Not subtle in the slightest but a cinematic roller coaster ride for the keen interpreter of images and sound.

12. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Mother!

13. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Mother!

Intens, turbulent, vulgar și cinic... filmul dat e un mare mulțumesc adus lui Luis Bunuel și un mare Fuck You! pentru toată industria modernă de film.

14. Levi Miah's rating of the film Mother!

Why does Aronofsky explain his films as singular interpretations when the audience reacts poorly? It goes beyond the Biblical foundation, with moments that completely skew that interpretation and might seem like Aronofsky is trying to avoid people analysing his mental health and personal life. Libatique sticks to Jennifer Lawrence's shoulder nearly all the way through. Children of Men meets The Sacrifice.

15. N. C.'s rating of the film Mother!

Every time I rethink about it I deslike it more

16. Jonia Caon's rating of the film Mother!

what a shit show omg worst movie I've seen in years. but the camerawork was ok.

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Mother!

**1/2. I still don't think that Cinema is the best place to develop allegories that demand a lot of reflexion from the audience. 'Mother!' is certainly a very smart movie, as the director seems to be, but I don't have the time to see it three or four times. Directors/writers take months to write their script and want us to understand their work in 120 minutes. It's unfair. Recommended if you've got some spare time.

18. João Biscaia's rating of the film Mother!

push the allegory too far and you get Banksy trying to lecture us while quoting The Book of Genesis.

19. Kamran's rating of the film Mother!

An Explanation: http://bit.ly/24snzSn After Nature and the Earth is destroyed, God remains unblemished, tends to Nature, and is inspired by Nature’s Love that it was not enough, he must try again, and Earth must be created anew. Rinse and Repeat. 79/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

20. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Mother!

Seppur se ne potrebbe discutere molto, sia in positivo che in negativo, nel complesso mi ha soddisfatto. Una cosa va detta: probabilmente mi ha interessato più di quanto mi sia piaciuto

21. Nuno Lopes's rating of the film Mother!

22. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Mother!

This film gave me such anxiety. Of course the biblical and nature allegories are the most straight forward interpretations but there are so many interpretations for this, so many digs at society; religion; the artistic mind and creative process; patriarchy; inequality in relationships; worship of false idols... you name it, it's there. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this film. I'm still rattled.

23. João Vuvu's rating of the film Mother!

And I thought i’ve seen bad movies

24. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Mother!

2,5 / powerful, violent, psychotic, confuse, and overrated