1. Eduardo Rodriguez's rating of the film Day for Night

This movie is about the filming of a new movie being made within the world of this film. The movie being produced in this film is a romantic movie with plenty of drama between lovers. "Behind the scenes" of the film as well, we see the actors and crew's romantic drama as well, from leaving an actor for a stuntman, to infidelity. It's a comedic and dramatic look at producing film and just how difficult it can be.

2. limited-space's rating of the film Day for Night

being bored, ı quit in the middle of it. srry

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Day for Night

Bravo à cette caméra espiègle et lucide du regretté François Truffaut qui réussit la une de ses meilleures oeuvres dans une filmographie somme toute fortement surévaluée. N'en déplaise aux trop nombreux exégèses pontifiants du cinématographe. www.cinefiches.com

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film Day for Night

This was excellent. France's answer to 8 1/2. Bisset and the rest of the cast handle the quasi-documentary style of filmmaking well and it really is wonderfully done. One of Truffauts high points in the 70s. 4.5 stars, a must see for film buffs/lovers.

5. Terri Wise's rating of the film Day for Night

4.5 stars Day for Night is funny & thought provoking. It includes casual sex, sad romance, & a few things in between. It's an ode to movie magic. For all the challenges the crew faces in the act of creation, the movie is the beautiful thing. It is the thing that is malleable. In a film, an actor can die 24 times in 15 ways. When an actor really dies, a film can be altered to accommodate, but he is really dead.

6. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Day for Night

Rewatched and re-loved. One more reason to love cinema.

7. luminous's rating of the film Day for Night

Like watching a multiverse, almost shouting across at each other from open windows. Every cut has some hint to other films. And I have to agree, "people like you and me are only happy in our work."

8. JJJ's rating of the film Day for Night

I have seen this film at least a half dozen times and still can't place it. I love many thing about it and many things about feel familiar. It reminds me that a film is not only a work (ie, a project, a written idea, a concept) but also a product (of specific circumstances, from specific people). I think I identify personally with Truffaut more than any other filmmaker.

9. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Day for Night

"Making a film is like a stagecoach ride in the old west. When you start, you are hoping for a pleasant trip. By the halfway point, you just hope to survive." - Ferrand(Truffaut)

10. ali di pollo's rating of the film Day for Night

ma si ma diamogliele ste 5 stelle

11. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Day for Night

Заради фільму я б покинула хлопця. Але фільм заради хлопця я б ніколи не покинула.

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Day for Night

13. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Day for Night

Truffaut's multilayered and ultimate valentine to cinema is no less than magic. It also presents the perfect opportunity for an acute meditation in his own filmmaking. No other movie has revealed its own artifice and still maintain its allure. An essential film to anyone who enjoys the creative process of cinema.

14. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Day for Night

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Day for Night

16. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film Day for Night

A 'filming film' film. And a great & enjoyable one

17. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Day for Night

Truffaut once said that he was only interested in a film that displays either the joys of making cinema or the agonies of it, and nothing in between. Here, he makes a film about both. I thought it was awesome how he showed some of the work that actually goes into making a movie, and all the complications that can arise. Well crafted and insightful look into the world of one of cinemas most renowned filmmakers.

18. jonijtr's rating of the film Day for Night

What a sweet delight it was

19. Ethan's rating of the film Day for Night

Truffaut's 8 1/2 is a delightful love song to the cinema. Also the film they're making is a different version of Truffaut's The Soft Skin. Also Jacqueline Bisset is amazing in this.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Day for Night

This is the kind of jam I put on my toast every morning.

21. Druvis's rating of the film Day for Night

Not sure what to say other than "it was a nice film". I enjoyed watching Truffaut act in his own movie. Also was fun to see Léaud trying to act Antoine Doinel as a different character. Makes me think he was like that in the real life as well. 3.5

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Day for Night

Like watching a crotchety old couple play out their ritual of feigned crustiness as a display of their affection, except the couple is Truffaut and his films. Charming fun, if nothing profound, and a wry and adorably loving look at the manic, chaotic, dedicated madness that goes into making movies. 3.5

23. Traciano's rating of the film Day for Night

3.5. Entertaining, witty, funny, nice amount of melodrama that made me care about the characters. I just feel like I should have liked this movie more than I did. In its efforts though, really put the actually process of filmmaking and comradery molded on set into perspective for me.

24. caeletur's rating of the film Day for Night

"I'd dump a guy for a film but never a film for a guy"

← Previous 1 3 4