1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Day Watch

Excellent follow-up to Nightwatch. I'd love to see it as an expensive mini-series that could bring in all the books in the series. Or at least all the good ones. The problem with the movies is that so much flashes by so quickly, and there is maybe too much emphasis on the special effects.

2. unearthly_red's rating of the film Day Watch

Why do I keep watching these movies?! This one has its good moments, though.

3. Elia Rising's rating of the film Day Watch

The birthday party reminded me a little of Satan's ball in 'Master and Margarita'. Good enough for me.

4. mubianer's rating of the film Day Watch

Both very stupid and excellent, innovative

5. Dzimas's rating of the film Day Watch

I found myself enjoying Day Watch much more than Night Watch. Everyone seems much more comfortable in their roles and Bekmambetov was having a lot of fun with his characters.

6. mpho3's rating of the film Day Watch

I loved the cock-eyed, sardonic future depicted in Night Watch. In Day Watch, the formerly tasty genre cocktail of crime thriller, romantic comedy and gothic-vampire tale, doesn't mix well. Like the Matrix sequels, DW is overly focused on outdoing the 1st one, emphasizing fx at the expense of storytelling. The last half hour's disrespect for narrative development and character motivation is plain tedious. 3.5 stars