1. Nachtreich's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Watching DAYS OF BEING WILD is like having a dream. As if - it took me to somewhere that I've never been. But that place is familiar to me. Maybe it's because Christopher Doyle's wonderful cinematography. I think director Wong Kar-Wai nailed it with this movie. DAYS OF BEING WILD perfectly captured human's emotion from its actors/actresses. It also succeed to capture human's restlessness and every problems of them...

3. mooloo's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

i guess i'm watching one Wong Kar-Wai film a night now? but i'm really enjoying it, his style has enamoured me. similarly to others i am left questioning the last scene. Happy Together is next hopefully

4. DanielSpeight's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Love a good mommy issues film!

6. kinotopia's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

something special happens here as you drift dreamlike from moment to moment. there's a sort of austerity and sincerity that might not be expected.

7. mimivulturul's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

8. Etl Galcés's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

9. João Portalegre's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

so I guess there's several different versions of this? the very last scene on the one I watched had Tony Leung getting ready to go out, and the implications on that scene and how it connects to "in the mood for love" are amazing. this film, though, feels like a lesser, though much more ambitious, version of its sequel - the best part about it, however, is just how much better it makes this trilogy, in the long run.

10. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

I used to think there was a kind of bird that, once born, would keep flying until death. The fact is that the bird hasn't gone anywhere. It was dead from the beginning.

11. Chelsea's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

less emotionally resonant and evocative than wkw's other films.. a lot of the character pairings just don't seem to work. nevertheless i think this film has one of leslie's best performances and the scenes where he dances to the music are priceless

12. Charles Corn's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

An interesting document of the development of a cinematic great. Wong (and Doyle) does not quite have the polish shown in his later works, but does have the raw, poignant tone of yearning and alienation. It is subtle and beautiful with masterful camerawork that achieves a higher level than its plot implies.

13. Patrick John's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

the last act was set in the Philippines which was nice to see thru Wong Kar Wai's eyes

14. Pedderrs's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

If As Tears Go By was rambunctious and over-the-top, Days of Being Wild is more subdued and controlled. Rather than employing the use of manipulative cinematic techniques in the editing room, Wai simply points the camera at the actors faces and trusts them to evoke the desired emotions with subtle facial expressions and pitch perfect delivery. Silence is used to great effect in this powerful tale of unrequited love.

15. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

16. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Interesting development: WKW starts to discover the aesthetic ingredients that would lead to the glorious In the Mood for Love, especially in terms of the clear love for the period detail (including the seedy aspects) and his interest in the unspoken yearnings of his characters and the damaged/damaging way in which they attempt to protect themselves from their own vulnerability. Very beautiful and atmospheric.

17. Balthaz21's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

18. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

19. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

20. Robert McMillan's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

We all seek love. The problem is we don't always seek it with the right people, or in the right place, or at the right time. Wong Kar-Wai's balmy and breezy meditation on the subject makes us feel as outside as the outsiders we are watching, and is all the better for it.

21. DrFirestone's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

A film about the destructive side of love, filled with melancholy, loneliness and long moments of silence that speak more than lines of dialogue, music is used sparingly, only adding to the atmosphere. I love the visual side, how light and shadow are used, and that rain... There's a sense of mystery, dreamlike distant memory, so characteristic of Wong Kar-Wai.

22. Levi Miah's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

The beginning of a beautiful relationship between Doyle and Wong Kar-Wai, but sadly, it lacks the emotional resonance of later efforts. Yuddy treats the ladies terribly, but they somehow fall for him. The misogynistic intro partly redeems itself when Maggie Cheung's character reveals she knows how bad he is. The noir subplot bleeds into the romance. It may be deep, but it leaves you cold - possibly intentionally...

23. Sophie Taylor's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

24. SiIencio's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

WKW is here developing his unique style whilst getting familiar with a subject matter that will be revisited constantly throughout his career. Here he is certainly exploring the tracks towards In The Mood For Love, so entwined thematically and aesthetically. But perhaps WKW has not nailed the script yet despite showcasing his prowess crafting melancholic moods, delicate atmospheres, sexy shades and impossible angles.

← Previous 1 3 4 5