1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

2. Josh's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Wong Kar Wai approximates the feeling of unrequited love better than any other filmmaker, full stop.

3. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

4. Ira Yun's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

5. a Smith's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

I once heard a story about a bird with no legs

6. Salma's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

7. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

This movie captures something of the mood, the rhythm, and the pathos of life. Or at least, my life. Plus it's just one of the coolest movies. Almost all of WKW movies are among the coolest movies of all time. A movie both as timeless and time haunted as the name suggests it would be. One of the GOAT. Real talk.

8. Iulia Antonache's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

9. Nachtreich's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Watching DAYS OF BEING WILD is like having a dream. As if - it took me to somewhere that I've never been. But that place is familiar to me. Maybe it's because Christopher Doyle's wonderful cinematography. I think director Wong Kar-Wai nailed it with this movie. DAYS OF BEING WILD perfectly captured human's emotion from its actors/actresses. It also succeed to capture human's restlessness and every problems of them...

11. mooloo's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

i guess i'm watching one Wong Kar-Wai film a night now? but i'm really enjoying it, his style has enamoured me. similarly to others i am left questioning the last scene. Happy Together is next hopefully

12. DanielSpeight's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Love a good mommy issues film!

14. kinotopia's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

something special happens here as you drift dreamlike from moment to moment. there's a sort of austerity and sincerity that might not be expected.

15. mimivulturul's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

16. Etl Galcés's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

17. João Portalegre's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

so I guess there's several different versions of this? the very last scene on the one I watched had Tony Leung getting ready to go out, and the implications on that scene and how it connects to "in the mood for love" are amazing. this film, though, feels like a lesser, though much more ambitious, version of its sequel - the best part about it, however, is just how much better it makes this trilogy, in the long run.

18. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

I used to think there was a kind of bird that, once born, would keep flying until death. The fact is that the bird hasn't gone anywhere. It was dead from the beginning.

19. Chelsea's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

less emotionally resonant and evocative than wkw's other films.. a lot of the character pairings just don't seem to work. nevertheless i think this film has one of leslie's best performances and the scenes where he dances to the music are priceless

20. Charles Corn's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

An interesting document of the development of a cinematic great. Wong (and Doyle) does not quite have the polish shown in his later works, but does have the raw, poignant tone of yearning and alienation. It is subtle and beautiful with masterful camerawork that achieves a higher level than its plot implies.

21. Patrick John's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

the last act was set in the Philippines which was nice to see thru Wong Kar Wai's eyes

22. Pedderrs's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

If As Tears Go By was rambunctious and over-the-top, Days of Being Wild is more subdued and controlled. Rather than employing the use of manipulative cinematic techniques in the editing room, Wai simply points the camera at the actors faces and trusts them to evoke the desired emotions with subtle facial expressions and pitch perfect delivery. Silence is used to great effect in this powerful tale of unrequited love.

23. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

24. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Days of Being Wild

Interesting development: WKW starts to discover the aesthetic ingredients that would lead to the glorious In the Mood for Love, especially in terms of the clear love for the period detail (including the seedy aspects) and his interest in the unspoken yearnings of his characters and the damaged/damaging way in which they attempt to protect themselves from their own vulnerability. Very beautiful and atmospheric.