1. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Dead Man's Bluff

2. Richard Doyle's rating of the film Dead Man's Bluff

A pair of exceedingly dumb gangster's lose a suitcase full of heroin and need to get it back. Bloody mayhem ensues. Aleksey Balabanov partly satirizes the 90's era Russian gangster flicks that made his name internationally, but also satirizes power relations in Russian society. I get the distinct feeling that this would feel like sharper satire to me if I was Russian.

3. Darrell Chaddock's rating of the film Dead Man's Bluff

Very absorbing flick. Some of the action is over-the-top but one senses that the director's sense of humour is well honed as some scenes, notably the concluding one, are more funny than searing.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Dead Man's Bluff

This continues the 'Brother' tradition with a little more humor thrown in. I probably wouldn't have watched it if I wasn't bored. He tacked on a very weird Hollywood happy ending to it.

5. Dries's rating of the film Dead Man's Bluff

Film minore un cazzo, qui siamo ai vertici della comicità pulp di Balabanov : situazioni,dialoghi e personaggi surreali ( come scordarsi l'etiope o il figlio obeso del capo??) che nel loro insieme diventano qualcosa di memorabile,una sorta di pulp fiction russo! Peccato che Balabanov ci abbia lasciati così presto...

6. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Dead Man's Bluff

A bit of dorky humor -total hit amogst russians for sure.