1. pluviosity's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

a mess of a story, but quite pleasant for the noir parody and the gumshoe cliches.

2. Renton47's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

When I was young, a friend and I shot scenes of ourselves and edited them into my favourite movies. It makes sense to want to be that close to the things you love - but like our juvenile effort, this pastiche doesn't contextualise its source material in new light. Rather than embedding itself into the plots of classic noir, it resurrects for modest impact in its own aimless tale. Twistier script would have helped

3. Log Lady's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

The scenes from different noirs are weaved so seamlessly into the narrative, that it doesn't feel like a gimmick at all. Must have required an immense amount of time to find the right clips. Oh, and this is the only movie where Steve Martin calls Barbara Stanwyck a fruit cake. Otherwise not as funny as I expected, unfortunately, but a must-see for all fans of film noir.

4. Steve G.'s rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Although extremely clever and splendidly directed when using inserts of old noirs, they don't necessarily make for great comedy. When Carl Reiner decides to actually do his own bits, he comes up with a strangely up and down film both in terms of tone and laughs. Some jokes (the coffee one especially) are fantastic, and Steve Martin's expressions and mannerisms are always funny. But the violence? Not so much. Uneven.

5. sandracine's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

I think Steve Martin is very clever; I get excited whenever this is on, waiting for each clip from great, old, film noir.

6. D/R/W's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Cleaning woman....Cleaning WOMAN....CLEANING WOMAN!!!!!

7. Joel's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Worth it simply for all the splices of classic film, granted a brilliant joke that essentially tries to outlive the running time. A decent film, a better of Steve Martin but not the best.

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. A must for any noir or classic movie fan and despite my general belief that Steve Martin is an overrated hack, he was great in this. The narration is great and the comic timing in this was superb.

9. Spencer Draper's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Just unbelievably great. A great noir homage, shot in black and white, and classic Steve Martin. What more could you ask for? Oh, and it incorporates numerous moments from classic noir.

10. Gretchen's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

11. Polyglot's rating of the film Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

"You know how to dial don't you? Just put your finger in the hole and make tiny little circles."