1. GIYGAS's rating of the film Dead of Night

a real precedent for a lot of nightmares and themes that would be revisited to this very day, first and foremost the terror of cuckolding a ghost

2. Ethan's rating of the film Dead of Night

This is a chilling nightmare of a film that uses some great techniques to enhance the mood and devices that would be used extensively in modern horror films. An excellent film that completely sucks you into this nightmarish world.

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Dead of Night

4. chanandre's rating of the film Dead of Night

[Cinémathèque PT - 35mm] This was not shot on film, it was shot on 'good for yous'. For an omnibus film is astonishingly well-made and does not feel like collection of 'short-films'. Quite scary the ventriloquist act - miss seeing Michael Redgrave on the big screen and that golfing duo was hysterical (same duo that starred earlier on 'The Lady Vanishes"). It's very british and very eerie.

5. josé neves's rating of the film Dead of Night

6. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Dead of Night

An occasionally cliched compendium of variable quality but it looks a treat with some lovely contrasty photography (notably in the Christmas and Ventriloquist sequences) and moves at a fair lick, appearing to believe in its own nonsense which is half the trick with these things. Compared to the later, thinner Amicus and Tigon anthology efforts it's a model of crisp restraint (and the better for it).

7. Aardsy's rating of the film Dead of Night

Everyone has a stupid story to tell.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Dead of Night

Si les thèmes abordés sont du domaine du fantastique et du surnaturel, le film n'a pas de portée métaphysique. Il s'agit de faire frissonner le spectateur en lui faisant frôler l'irrationnel avec un humour en demi-teinte dans la pure tradition anglo-saxonne. www.cinefiches.com

9. Peter Tran's rating of the film Dead of Night

4.95 for that Charters and Caldicott bit

10. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Dead of Night

I know, I know it's a British classic, and therefore should be adored, but I've watched it three times now, and I still don't like it. The choppy storyline just doesn't work for me.

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film Dead of Night

12. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Dead of Night

One of the best in the puppet horror genre.

13. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Dead of Night

michael redgrave is pretty sexy

14. ceknklsn's rating of the film Dead of Night

15. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Dead of Night

16. SpacePirate's rating of the film Dead of Night

The storyline of this one feels a bit like a LOST episode, but unlike that show, you dont feel like youve wasted 6 years of your life when this film is over. Puppet is creepy as f! Worth seeking out

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Dead of Night

18. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Dead of Night

Una antología de historias fantásticas y sobrenaturales. Como suele suceder en en estos casos, unas se destacan sobre otras. Mis favoritas: la historia del ventrílocuo (verdaderamente perturbadora) y el espejo encantado. Igualmente la secuencia final, donde vemos a Walter Craig sumergido en una pesadilla que se pasea por casi todas las historias es potente, así como su final cíclico.

19. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Dead of Night

surreal love. i see a psycho precedent here... the mirror part reminded me of gogol. good fun

20. yasdnil's rating of the film Dead of Night

Is all that we see or seem but a subconscious thingamajig within a subconscious thingamajig?

21. radurosca's rating of the film Dead of Night

Dead of Night is one of the first horror flicks ever made. It's also the movie that back in 1946 inspired early 20th century cosmoligists Fred Hoyle, Th. Gold and Hermann Bondi into elaborating a new model of an ever lasting infinite and static universe. Only 25 ys later the Big Bang model will gather plenty of evidence in his favor and cut the dispute. Now you know a little geek fact about this movie.

22. Tida Wilson's rating of the film Dead of Night

A classic British horror stories + Eternal recurrence. What more can you ask for?

23. Ryan Clark's rating of the film Dead of Night

Potential masterpiece damn near ruined by the humorous story of the two golfers. I hated that segment, because it disrupts the building sense of dread. I wish it wasn't in the movie. The ventriloquist dummy story everybody talks about was somewhat of a letdown. I actually thought the mirror story was the best of the lot and quite eerie.

24. Acerk21's rating of the film Dead of Night

To be honest, I was expecting a bigger payoff at the end, but I guess for the time, it was pretty revolutionary. The Dummy segment is the real standout here, and I agree with others when I say that the Gofling section could have been left out. Overall, it's definitely an overlooked horror classic.