1. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

2. darioscha's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Fotografía y edición de sonido en su máximo esplendor!

3. lou.'s rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

I have to confess that I couldn't pay too much attention but visually was really good.

4. bingbongjones's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

probably one of the most horrifying things i've ever seen.

5. Ark V's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

A nicely executed idea about work. Simple yet beautifully shot.

6. Zachary's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The laws of the unknown universe compared to the known are mulled over with a comforting, yet ending certainty.

7. zensurfer's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Nothing Sci-fi about this film, slows time to a pace that makes watching paint dry a joy. Really just film of people on ships doing ship things, and phone calls to home that seemed to be out of sync. Seeminly endless pictures of pipes. This ithe most boring film I have seen, I opened a couple of tabs on my browser and looked up stuff, but I had to watch the last 13 mins which was the longest 13 hrs of my life.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The ocean voyage of a cargo tanker as deep space exploration. Images we should recognize rendered surreal and alien-esque. Human figures dwarfed by massive machinery and the enormity of nature. Essential.

9. dvvca's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

beautiful visuals, moving

10. MoodyBlues's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

What a calming piece. Slow and hounting, it lets your mind drift with scenery of the sea, engings, men working. Outstanding cinematography!

11. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The freighter in the film was like a giant and devouring living organism consuming the life of the workers on it.

12. incedw's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

That quote from Peter Bogdanovich, I think, comes to mind : ‘If you don’t see a film on a big screen, you haven’t really seen it. You’ve seen a version of it, but you haven’t seen it.’ Whilst I don’t fully subscribe to that view, I should certainly like to experience ‘Dead Slow Ahead’ in the cinema, on a big screen.

13. ilya's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The description/synopsis is misleading. The whole movie is a minimalistic video footage accompanied by a soundtrack of ambient noises originating from all sorts of ship's mechanisms. Pretty good.

14. captainfez's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

My kind of soundtrack, at least.

15. DrFirestone's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The cinematography is outstanding through its simplicity - the views are majestic, eerie, weirdly dreamy and hypnotising. Some of the images are truly beautiful, and the way the shots are put together with the incredible sounds creates a unique sense of calmness but also lonely uneasiness. These fragments of the life of a freighter (yes!) without narration result in an interesting surreal/abstract vibe. Amazing work!

16. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The title forewarns you of what you are letting yourself in for, but that doesn't make it any less tiresome for almost the entire runtime. There's a point to it all. It's just very hard to care while nothing much happens onscreen for over an hour.

17. Xin Tong's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Really love this documentary.

18. zubee's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Some lovely scenes but disconcerting as they are often cut awkwardly together. It's true some of the scenery looks otherwordly because you have no compass to know where you are -- or what is really happening.

19. ejonline's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

This movie is simultaneously mesmerizing and nauseating in the Sartrean sense. The cinematography, combined with audio that adds to the sense of being isolated within a floating island of pipes and machines, filled me with despair even as I couldn't turn away. It is disconcerting to be aesthetically pleased by shots of refineries and the inhumane interiors of ships of unbelievable size. Gave me a sense-giddy dread.

20. Kamil's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Ominous & beautiful, but deadly boring

21. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

The description for this film may be the most misleading one I've ever read. I enjoyed the sounds of the ship is about all I can think of in positive terms.

22. Sheena's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Beautiful! The colors are sensational, and the composition of each shot is amazing

23. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead

Its use of lighting and sound mixing are flawless, nigh gorgeous. Plot? What's a plot?

24. Hayley&Colin's rating of the film Dead Slow Ahead