1. mattywuh's rating of the film Dean Spanley

A perfect Sunday afternoon film.

2. Adam Chapman's rating of the film Dean Spanley

What a delightfully charming little tale. The premise seemed a little preposterous at first but the mannered eccentricity of the characters kept the plot plodding along then somehow, totally blindsided as to how it happened - it became profoundly poignant. How did that happen? What a surprise!

3. Andrea Milicescu's rating of the film Dean Spanley

4. m.morbo's rating of the film Dean Spanley

Something I definitely didn't expect from this movie was to get such a captivating, moving insight into the mind of... a dog. Peter O'Toole and Sam Neill are simply majestic, in a movie in which not one performance is unremarkable. What a delight. Had me quietly tearing on a train from Victoria to Sutton.

5. DanB3000's rating of the film Dean Spanley

A lovely quiet film with a great performance by Sam Neill as the titular Dean. Some good humour and also pathos. Peter O'Toole is good, but sometimes hams it a little which is distracting.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Dean Spanley

A superb cast, a great script, and the end result is a sublime mix of reincarnation, pets and how they view their masters, and how grief can hit people long after they appear to have washed their hands of it.

7. Sarah Lee's rating of the film Dean Spanley

Cried like a baby. We don't deserve dogs.

8. Penelope q's rating of the film Dean Spanley

What a beautiful dream!!!!! I hope I am a kind master to my dog.

9. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Dean Spanley

What a lovely film. Unusual premise but it works. Great performances. Worth watching.

10. alimcintyre's rating of the film Dean Spanley

Totally off the wall but wonderful!

11. Javier Armas's rating of the film Dean Spanley

Beautiful story. Delightful performances. Moving and funny.

12. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Dean Spanley

This may be a poignant take on father/son relationships, but where would they be without Mrs Brimley? And why doesn't Judy Parfitt feature in the picture credits above, along with Art Malik who set the ball rolling?

13. Imelda Says's rating of the film Dean Spanley

Really loved this film - it both delights and moves.

14. Mara Mainka's rating of the film Dean Spanley

15. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Dean Spanley

These little things were sent to try us, as the man said of the pygmy judge.

16. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Dean Spanley

What a great cast,as everyone shines in this ensemble. Intelligent with sharp and witty dialogue.

17. SALESK's rating of the film Dean Spanley

o'toole's last great performance

18. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Dean Spanley

the old & grumpy guy was really the best part - interesting topic...