1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Dear Phone

2. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Dear Phone

bring..bring... P.greenaway is one of the voices that has always been in my head..i just didn't know who it was until mubi/

3. naokoken's rating of the film Dear Phone

"Dry cleaners who leave you with spots should be avoided like the plague." A brilliant 17 minute precursor to the 3 hour and 15 minute The Falls. Here we have an obsession with phones instead of ornithology and linguistics. Love how the stories of the various characters interconnect. "The only people who listened to him with rapt amazement were his mother and the very rare wrong numbers H.C. sometimes dialed."

4. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film Dear Phone

What interests me about this is the exercise in how many perspectives could Greenaway create within the portal of the public phone. It's possibilities were many but it is an interesting result.

5. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Dear Phone

If this were narrated by John Cleese I would safely assume it to be a superior Flying Circus sketch. Its surprising economy of style and comments on the sometimes wacky ways we communicate with each other, and to ourselves, are still relevant.

6. Operation Kino's rating of the film Dear Phone

What did I just watch? A madman in the making.

7. Jules E Evans's rating of the film Dear Phone

The film serves as both a joke and a painting. It is thorough in both respects. 17 minutes sitting alone at home in my computer chair, I laughed out loud and lost track of myself. Oh, and I am an American viewer, so of course, Greenaway's steady stream of gloriously composed film shots, all of British phone booths, excite me.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Dear Phone

"Partly cunning pastiche, largely impromptu invention, this light-hearted expose of structuralist conventions yields itself to the filmmaker's more directly personal concerns." - Robert Brown, MFB...I kept wondering if they were bigger inside....

9. Haibei's rating of the film Dear Phone

Don't know how to say it. But i loved it.

10. caitlin.f's rating of the film Dear Phone

11. jenesuispasanglais@gmail.com's rating of the film Dear Phone

Beautifully absurd, delightfully paced, and intriguing at how the many permutations of the same story could be connected and yet distinctly different.

12. muse_x's rating of the film Dear Phone

He's such a wonderful weirdo. As in the director, that is, not this scribe.

13. Mitch's rating of the film Dear Phone

Phone booths used to be everywhere.

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Dear Phone

The title resonates in a new way, in our smartphone era.

15. Landen Celano's rating of the film Dear Phone

Peter Greenaway is the most lyrical screenwriter I've ever come across. It's like listening to music.

16. John Crawford's rating of the film Dear Phone

17. Zach Nicol's rating of the film Dear Phone

18. jamesey's rating of the film Dear Phone

19. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Dear Phone

This idiosyncratic little love letter to the public phone has an indefinite charm that ought to be lauded. Despite this, I am kept at a distance because I find the structure could not maintain the stakes for me to remain invest for the length of this short film. It is too committed to its own quirks and not enough to a complete viewing experience. Worth the attempt to watch, but it ultimately falls short.

20. SuzyViolence's rating of the film Dear Phone

21. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Dear Phone

iwasborninaredlondonphonebox

22. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Dear Phone

A sort of prologue or introduction to "The Falls". All of the stylistic elements are there, but not to the bizarre and awesome levels of the full film experience.

23. Feng Ling's rating of the film Dear Phone

apparently this is supposed to be mocking how most (narrative) films are just illustrated texts. But the insipidity resultant of a complete lack of visual elements, minus the cool shots of the phone boxes and the varying illegibility of the texts, rendered the mockery a mockery of itself.

24. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Dear Phone

Intriguing short; probably the most economical movie and story I've ever seen. Phone boxes stand empty and ring; no one picks up. Meanwhile, a man reads aloud handwritten, and eventually typewritten paragraphs that have been scribbled and scrawled beyond recognition. Just watch and let it work its way in.