1. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Dear White People

Dear Internet People, why can't every culture be truly appreciated instead of yelling CULTURAL APPROPRIATION every time a white person bounces to a Kanye track or a black person eats sushi? Thank you. Bye.

2. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Dear White People

I loved the characterization here — all of the characters are flawed and interesting. My only quibble is the narrative cedes into melodrama at times, but having said that the effect that melodrama had wasn't off-putting. It was pretty effective. A good movie, and an interesting original story. Completely irrelevant, but I love films that talk about film/filmmakers. Robert Altman, Ingmar Bergman, Spike Lee. Meeee too.

3. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Dear White People

I was surprised and utterly relieved to see that this is nowhere near a 'woke' propaganda that I was afraid it'd be based on the title alone. Instead, this is purely a whipped smart, stylistic and at times elegant college drama comedy, first. Shame on me for thinking WESTWORLD was Tessa Thompson's breakout moment.

4. FCC 86's rating of the film Dear White People

"You're more Banksy than Barack"

5. f-nanda's rating of the film Dear White People

I liked the series way more but it doesn't mean this isn't a great movie. Nice to see some of the same actors.

6. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Dear White People

7. soymilky's rating of the film Dear White People

The netflix show is actually good, this was ... meh? First time in a while where the adaptation is better than the original

8. slackavetes's rating of the film Dear White People

dragged a little but the ending was well worth it.

9. runfromfire's rating of the film Dear White People

Tessa Thompson is charming (and pretty) as hell.

10. corativ's rating of the film Dear White People

Watch the series instead!

11. -REM-'s rating of the film Dear White People

12. auloel's rating of the film Dear White People

Segmented. Confusing me in some point. Is this about identity crisis?

13. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Dear White People

14. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Dear White People

Interesting debut from the director.

15. (arc)'s rating of the film Dear White People

one of the reasons i will be forever grateful for moviemaking.

16. douglas binda's rating of the film Dear White People

17. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Dear White People

Perceptive, unwieldy, and necessary. Sometimes suffers from telling not showing, but the telling is true and engaging! Spends quite a lot of time (fruitfully?) wrestling with its own relationship to the works of Spike Lee.

18. Oluseyi's rating of the film Dear White People

19. James Mackin's rating of the film Dear White People

This movie made me confront the fact that racism certainly isn't gone, so for that, I highly recommend it.

20. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Dear White People

Rassismus, Sex zwischen Schwarz und Weiss und Klassenkampf, das sind die Zutaten dieser cleveren und eleganten Campus Komödie. Endlich bekommen wir Antworten auf so wichtige Fragen wie: Warum sehen wir Schwarze im Kino immer nur elend und traurig? (...) mehr auf cinegeek.de

21. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Dear White People

3.5. I stand behind the intent of this film, showing the complexities of black culture: from being self aware overtly self-righteous to overtly self-loathing. Though, this film does not occur without its flaws. It manages to drive its points home at the expense of story and development. But for its freshness and unfiltired discussion on what it's like to be black in 'Murica, I'll give it a visible 4 stars.

22. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film Dear White People

23. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Dear White People

Very smart movie that needed so much more. Poor execution with the character development and it starts to Peter out after a strong start. Sub spike lee. Hate to compare it like that but seems heavily influenced by his style

24. mpho3's rating of the film Dear White People

Spike Lee comparisons are inevitable, but DWP is its own beast. Simien's witch's brew of identity polemics and comedy captures the zeitgeist of today so well, that I wonder how it will be viewed 20 years from now. At times it's simultaneously a little too verbose, pedantic, and flat, but there's also something audacious about both its style and content.