1. lidiishere's rating of the film Dear Zachary

beware: it'll break your heart to pieces.

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Dear Zachary

3-4. I can see why some people are saying what they're saying about the film being edited in such a way to evoke emotion from the audience. But on the other hand, this isn't an outsider's perspective on the crimes and their impact on the victims' friends and family. So, in a sense, I get why the director chose to edit and texture the events with the feelings he has about them. It isn't objective, but kinda justified.

3. Dries's rating of the film Dear Zachary

su youtube uno dei commenti più popolari sotto al trailer è questo : ''NON CONOSCEVO IL DOLORE PRIMA DI AVER VISTO QUESTO FILM''. Non si sarebbero potute usare parole più adegute. Vorrei non averlo mai visto per quanto mi ha fatto stare male.

4. rksw's rating of the film Dear Zachary

:'( poor man.. poor baby.. poor his family.. harrowing, very devastating and made me mad.. feel sorry for his family and friends.. god bless them.

5. Lana's rating of the film Dear Zachary

I cried. A lot. I usually don't.

6. Absentia's rating of the film Dear Zachary

7. Joel's rating of the film Dear Zachary

Understandably amateurish and absurdly compelling. I don't nessesarily agree with all the raves of this being the sadnest film, perhaps the most compellingly dumbfounding tragedy. A modern phenomena of a documentary with plot twists too outlandish to be fabricated.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Dear Zachary

9. Amjack's rating of the film Dear Zachary

10. daniela trocilo's rating of the film Dear Zachary

What a bad piece of filmmaking, with an awful, fast-paced, repetitive narration and unbearable, nauseating, MTV-like edition. The harrowing sequence of events of this heart-wrenching story are appropriated by the director and trivialized with the purpose of persistently forging a video memorial so one-sided that it will likely trigger feelings opposite to what is intended.

11. pandakuma's rating of the film Dear Zachary

12. Sergio Fernandez's rating of the film Dear Zachary

13. nvtsrmr's rating of the film Dear Zachary

When I watched this, I didn't know what the movie was about at all. I just guessed the story-line by its title. But...even when I write this, I breath deeply, I'm still ******* mad. I got surprise and more surprise when the documentary playing until its last minute. Will shake everyone emotionally.

14. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Dear Zachary

Composed almost completely of home video footage and interviews shot on consumer camcorders, the technical intimacy of Kuenne's pet project underscores just how sad and beautiful his friend's (and friend's parents') life was, and fully enables the audience to know a dead man and his plight. Exploitative? Perhaps (but then, what was Hitchcock?). Its audacity and ferocious editing lingers with the viewer for days.

15. sarahyuniarni's rating of the film Dear Zachary

Cried like a bucket while squirming around in my seat.

16. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Dear Zachary

5 - Ironically, what made it hard for me to get into this film might be one of the reasons for which people love it the most; the way it's scored and cut together (melodramatically, and occasionally employing repetitive, slightly-altered loops for effect) is thematically-reinforcing to an extent where I just found it off-putting and condescending.

17. Sara Castro's rating of the film Dear Zachary

Cried my eyes out. Unbelievably sad.

18. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Dear Zachary

19. Tom Gregson's rating of the film Dear Zachary

20. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Dear Zachary

Stylistically one of the worst documentaries I've ever seen, and becomes quite irritating.

21. Vincent T's rating of the film Dear Zachary

rated from memory (a very long time ago). Needs a rewatch for a proper evaluation.

22. antibody's rating of the film Dear Zachary

accidentally watched this twice mistake heavy like a cinder block

23. quarian's rating of the film Dear Zachary

Amazing and heart rending story; I cried and I nearly never cry. But the quality in editing and set up was lacking.

24. caitlin.f's rating of the film Dear Zachary

easily the saddest movie i've ever watched.

← Previous 1 3 4