1. DenoResandono's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

My first impression when reading its synopsis, I thought this movie would feel boring at certain point. Because its use of minimalist setting. But I was wrong. I was quite surprised when DEATH AND THE MAIDEN turned out to be a great movie. It's a shame. Because this movie was overshadowed by the director's other movie. Such as CHINATOWN or ROSEMARY'S BABY. Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley are really fantastic...

2. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Sans conteste, un Polanski mineur... www.cinefiches.com

4. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Strong stuff. At the end. No sorrows, no apologies, no regrets. God damn it; the motherfucker even enjoyed it. That's about the story. The other thing is, with regard to the implementation: it takes 35 minutes to come to the point & Steward Wilson can't make it. Although it's about guilt, pain & revenge somehow the emotion lacks.

5. belemir's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

6. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Polanski succeeds in creating a lot of doubt and tension through the severe restriction of knowledge and the bleak aesthetic. What bugged me though was the large amount of monologues which made it unnecessarily melodramatic at times.

7. Ameille's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

10. nein's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

I felt it was a bit rough. I didn't believe in Paulina's tragedy, the doctor character felt somehow artificial plus I hated the fact it was set somewhere in South America, yet all they spoke was English (it's not a theatre after all).

11. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Intense. Sometimes a bit saturated and forced. But perfect for those who enjoy psychological thrillers

12. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Poor adaptation. Much better as a play

13. Felix Sandalov's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

14. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Polanski is an amazing director! The movie is so stylish and atmospheric! The performances fill the screen one step at a time with dazzling talent.

15. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Una stanza,una sedia,uno stereo e 3 persone:se sei un fuoriclasse come zio Roman riesci a creare un thriller psicologico grandioso anche avendo a disposizione solo questo;é tutto una sequenza di sguardi,azioni e reazioni,colpi e contraccolpi che il regista gestisce splendidamente,dosando il tempo e lo spazio da par suo.Bellissimi i dialoghi esterni con la persona attraverso il vetro.Un Polanski in stato di grazia.4*

16. Algitya's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Every aspect was brilliant here, the suspense , the music, the pace, the performance, and so Polanski himself. J'Adore

17. Tigrão's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

18. chanandre's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

[Cinémathèque PT #529: 35 mm] (2007)

19. Toshi FUJWARA's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

polanski said it was the film that was the most painful for him to make. however painful it may have been, the result is superb. when i first saw it, of course the total lack of eroticism or sensuality when sigourney weaver takes of her panties and put it in ben kingsley's mouth was so shocking i nearly couldn't continue to watch. a brilliant scene.

20. Reginald Healer Marcellin's rating of the film Death and the Maiden

Only complaint: Weaver got a bit over dramatic at times

21. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Death and the Maiden