1. FISCHER's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Sur fond de désolation apocalyptique, d'une farouche beauté primitive, une terrible histoire de mort et de folie, avec comme sournois maîtres d'œuvre, les anonymes sbires d'un pouvoir politique répressif ou le dérangé prince des nains noirs, selon... www.cinefiches.com

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

3. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Film très puissant, magnifique même dans le désastre, bien que les élucubrations théoriques soient parfois fastidieuses, notamment la discussion autour du trans-humanisme (certes dans un contexte apocalyptique). Le stoicisme des personnages comme dernier recours devant l'impensable est frappant.

4. Olivier Mouchel's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Un film à la fois simple et puissant. La caméra posée dans ces paysages post-apocalyptiques renforce cette impression d'errance dans les limbes. Un cinéma très exigeant du fait de sa durée, mais nécessaire comme constat d'une désolation bien réelle.

5. Ludovic72's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

A kind of cinema that makes you see and feel everything as if you were with the characters. And with such a tragic subject, these nine hours are quite haunting... If you're not afraid of very long and slow movies... watch it !

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

7. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Took me 2 days to finish the film. Worth the time investment

8. paxy's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

9. Linao Momentaries's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Copies are unfortunately difficult to come by. There have been no commercial releases on DVD of Lav's long form works so far.

10. Law's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Where on earth can I find this?!!

11. Товарищ Петя.'s rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

Most Filipinos I've spoken to agree that they barely even exist on the pirate market in Asia. If you get the chance, seize it at your local film festival :)

12. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

If there was one film that I felt truly represented my country, this would be it. I wished I could have seen it in one 9 hour sitting, but alas, human needs, and life, intervened. The pain and sorrow I feel when I just stop and think about being a Filipino is captured in this film; we often sit around, recognize, and talk about these problems, but rarely do anything about them, because sometimes we realize we can't.

13. Nadin's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

A profound piece. The film draws you in from the beginning and doesn't let you go anymore, sometimes even grabbing you by the throat. Similar to Melancholia Encantos is multi-faceted and complex. It's a telling piece about the situation in the Philippines. I felt this film to be very rewarding, and indeed thought provoking. I will certainly think about Encantos for a while yet!

14. kyeo's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

15. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film Death in the Land of Encantos

STOP EXTRA JUDICIAL KILLINGS! STOP KIDNAPPING MILITANT ACTIVISTS! Free the Nation!