1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

The version I saw was dubbed. I hate dubbing. I'm not sure subtitles would have helped. I don't know what it was trying to achieve. The music was atonal. The plot meandered.

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

3. inheracil's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

*1/2. Seen in Italian with Italian subtitles. The fact that I'm not fluent in Italian is rather irrelevant with this kind of film which is incomprehensible anyway. Already forgotten.

5. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

50% Giallo. 50% 60s Art movie. an intriguing mix.

6. animalcalls's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

Jean-Louis Trintignant starts in this giallo as a fetishistic killer who moonlights as a poultry researcher/salesman/they never make it quite clear. Weird and weirdly dull, which is to say, weird how a movie with that description and a scene where a dog goes through a meat grinder can be dull. Great score and some nice editing, though. Includes a weird subplot where adults essentially play 7 Minutes In Heaven.

7. gea*'s rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

So strange yet realistic? Women don't talk like that but they do think like that, and the mutant chickens..I heard stories about KFC...

8. Cbarky99's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

The perfect film for anyone who's ever found chickens mysteriously sinister.

9. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

Finally, after all these years, I've seen this! A link to a review here - http://mubi.com/lists/cinema-of-the-abstract

10. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

I kinda enjoyed watching this rare giallo flick. It's slightly worse than "Una sull'altra", but better than "L'uccello dalle piume di cristallo"... let's say. It has tight narration and great moments when we're hit with fast editing serving main character's memories on a plate. Definitely recommended!

11. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

Really strange, chicken-centric giallo melodrama. Stylishly shot and edited with a marathon of preposterous plot twists, overwrought performances, and some jarring moments of bizarre dark humor. A whole lot of fun for cult movie fans, and definitely a memorable entry to its genre. Bruno Maderna's unusual score gets pretty grating, though.

12. Zissou's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

Great Kim Arcalli's job

13. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Death Laid an Egg

Nonsense. Wonderful, crazy, blindingingly obscure nonsense of the best kind complete with headless chickens and crazed sexual games.