1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Death Note

Whoever made the connection to the Final Destination series was on to something; this feels like the best Final Destination movie ever made (which probably isn't saying much!) Nonetheless, the film does at least attempt to grapple with its themes of morality & culpability, while its teen protagonists, gory set-pieces & synth-pop soundtrack place it fairly close to 80s horror franchises like A Nightmare on Elm Street.

2. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film Death Note

Yikes. Pacing was horrendous. I want to watch the original now, the premise is promising and I'd like to see a different characterization of Ryuk...

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Death Note

DEATH NOTE isn't as bad as some people said. DEATH NOTE really took a different path from the original anime. The point that I just mentioned is one of the controversy DEATH NOTE has. But I think it's difficult to keep the Japanese vibes in this new adaptation. I think it's a right decision for Mr. Wingard to modified it so it can be fit with American culture. Berlin's Take My Breath Away sounds great in this movie..

4. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Death Note

Adam Wingard dengan kurang ajarnya menyulap anime psikologi thriller jadi black comedy coming of age. Ngubah Light yg cool jadi konyol dan annoying. Ngubah L jadi kulit hitam. Bajingan. Tapi kok mlh jdi quirky ya? Sejujurnya, terlepas dari akting Nat Wolff yg minta digampar, ini tidak terlalu buruk. Apalagi lagu2 pengiringnya menyenangkan.

5. Bambarambambam's rating of the film Death Note

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHA JESUS THIS IS THE BIGGEST SERIOUS JOKE WTF ADAM??!! I hate those flashbacks, poor story and Nat Wollf masyaoloh artis sinetron lu yak BUT ONLY GENIUS WILL USE AIR SUPPLY POWER OF LOVE AND CHICAGO. GOD IM ENTERTAINED. L is the best thing for sure

6. tabsz's rating of the film Death Note

eu acreditei, mas não, não, não

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Death Note

8. f-nanda's rating of the film Death Note

Liked the idea. Gotta see the anime.

9. Cbarky99's rating of the film Death Note

"Light Turner's heart stops beating at midnight." "No...you're...trying to kill me?"

10. Görkem Demir's rating of the film Death Note

11. mootz15's rating of the film Death Note

Able peformances (though Dafoe is too cartoonish with his eevel cackles) but an altogether ludicrous story that lacks the necessary humour to make it digestible.

12. FCC 86's rating of the film Death Note

"Sleep is key to strong thought"

13. tayli's rating of the film Death Note

14. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Death Note

1-2. Leans too heavily into the romantic connection between Light and Mi(s)a, essentially turning this piece into a 'Final Destination'-style pulp horror flick revolving around a 'Bonnie & Clyde' dynamic that doesn't quite work out. The movie sports a pervasive sense of style that hits just as much as it misses, and the premise lacks the time and the 'heart' that the original anime and manga had.

15. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Death Note

Don't listen to the angry weebs, it's really not that bad.

16. Hira's rating of the film Death Note

17. IKB 191's rating of the film Death Note

18. PeterK94's rating of the film Death Note

Misunderstands its source material. A complete mess that fails to communicate whatever point it was trying to convey.

19. Severus Snape's rating of the film Death Note

20. oldeuboi's rating of the film Death Note

Terrible. Worse from the Japanese adaptation. If you want to know about 'Death Note', stick to the manga instead.

21. Pymo's rating of the film Death Note

22. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Death Note

23. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Death Note

I was worried this would be pedestrian, but the pacing quickly assured me away from that fear. Wingard quickly jumps past the basic premise to something more extreme and pseudo-political/philosophical. Alas, instead of digging in there he keeps jumping and somehow ends up back at something more generic. Absolutely no justification for the 80's aesthetic.

24. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Death Note