1. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Death Note

For all 2017’s problems, and even in one of his worst films, the modern genre master, Adam Wingard, is still aware of cinematic and narrative necessities. He had a stronger and actually-involving dramatic conflict, and emotional stakes, a better visual eye and advanced CGI. This 2006 version is dramatically sanitized and emotionally passive. It’s frankly unwatchable.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Death Note

Honestly, I just watched a few episodes of the anime version. Then, I decided to watch the live-action adaptation. DEATH NOTE isn't a bad adaptation like some people said. I know it has a limitation to tell its story. It is the runtime. DEATH NOTE did a quite good job. Although there are some plot holes, it still can deliver its moral message. Sometimes man can be evil than the devil itself. DEATH NOTE is still worth

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Death Note

The CGI for the Shinigami is awful, as is Tatsuya Fujiwara. Don't know why they didn't fix that.

4. ΞRIC B∆Ɖ TASTΞ's rating of the film Death Note

very surprised about this movie, quite thrilling & entertaining.

5. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Death Note

6. yagmurozdemir's rating of the film Death Note

7. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Death Note

Death Note manga - sux Death Note anime - sux Death Note movie - sux

8. Berjuan's rating of the film Death Note

Can we add the Anime? The anime rocks!

9. Junda Mane's rating of the film Death Note

Never watched the anime (don't plan to either). Good film

10. Janit's rating of the film Death Note

only here because of Kenichi Matsuyama, but not bad.

11. pivic's rating of the film Death Note

This is a very straight version of the truly epic graphic novel series, alas with a few notable differences. The person who plays Light, Tatsuya Fujiwara, really isn't a good actor, even though it's made up for by Kenichi Matsuyama, the person who plays L. All in all, quite watchable. Will see the following films.

12. Edu Duck's rating of the film Death Note

An appaling attempt at a live action version of the film, very dissapointing, especiall for me as I am a big fan of the series

13. pluviosity's rating of the film Death Note

not as good as the anime/manga. still, thumbs up for Ken'ichi Matsuyama as L; and I like how they use CG for the shinigami.

14. pikapii's rating of the film Death Note

the anime is better than the live action, everyone has to admit

15. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Death Note

That's the problem with adaptations of TV series, they try to ball up all that was in the show instead of approaching the same concepts from a cinematic angle.

16. Dan.'s rating of the film Death Note

it tried, and is by no means bad, but a live action version just cannot rival the anime... simple as that.