1. Juan Javier's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Fantastic acting outshines a bland presentation.

3. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

4. Eneas Carlos Pereira's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Simply amazing! An actor's show by Dustin Hoffman and Malkovich and an ingenious adaptation of the German director for Arthur Miller's text. The cinematographic conception incorporating signs from a theatrical montage to a sensitive camera is also a show apart. Anyone who loves drama and cinema has an unforgettable experience.

5. lou.'s rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Striking movie and remarkable performances, indeed.

6. mrpasquali's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Beyond what we would be able to admit, we are all very immersed in cultural expectations. The American Dream was a very powerful discourse of the 20th century that shaped (and motivated) thousands of minds. What happens when it seems not to fit everybody? Arthur Miller's timeless classic explores this topic, and Schlöndorff marvelously takes it to the big screen.

7. dorusan's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

The hopes and shortcomings of a salesman, that happens to be a father, in a picture that describes what happens to the salesman that has no one to sell his dreams to.

8. dionysus67's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Rewatched this since it was released. Prescient and immensely powerful, it tackles via a shattered American Dream the moment when fictions cease to be useful and turn into chains of human freedom. It is this painful release into freedom that this great play charts, filmed beautifully by Ballhaus' camera (the Fassbinder aura is there in the lighting) and superbly acted by a towering Hoffman as the tormented Willie.

9. Toni's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

10. Zamot9's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Una critica despiadada al Sueño Americano exportado al mundo y las mentiras que construimos alrededor para no derrumbarnos con el

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Quelques longueurs, des excès dans le cabotinage où l'on retient surtout l'excellente et pertinente prestation de John Malkovich... www.cinefiches.com

12. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

13. Aaron Blandina's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

No one else could bring about such a stunning performance other than Dustin Hoffman. His portrayal of Willy garners so many emotions from the audience that I was left speechless throughout the film. A classic movie that is a must watch from a classic play that is a must see.

14. daniel's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Slow, in order to portray the desolate life the father lived, Death of a Salesman is an American classic depicting the struggles of low class Americans in the 20th Century.

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

(4.5 stars) The play is THE seminal drama of the Modern American Theatre. It is Arthur Miller's masterpiece and is studied the world around. The film makes a bold attempt to capture the essence of the live performance, but even with the MASTERFUL cinematographer Michael Ballhaus the play cannot reach the dramatic heights of the story when seen live. The performances are grand, especially by Hoffman and Malkovich.

16. Luther Ayers's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Shows the past of this salesman who is slowly losing his mind as he grows old. Lines between present and past are blurred as we see different characters in their young times and as they are now. People care about "Pa" but "Pa" just wants to be done and life to be okay.

17. Rebekah's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Dustin Hoffman stars in this classic play-made-movie about pride, freedom, and contentedness. Willie Loman is a salesman struggling to make ends meet when his son, Biff played by John Malkovich returns home. In this movie, father-son conflict is a source of anxiety for the characters and audience alike, reminding us that sometimes fathers dream for their kids and try to live vicariously through them.

18. Anthony Dewar's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

The setting and social context of the film provides an insight to the reality and dysfunction of the nuclear family in America at the time that the play was written. The pressure of neighborly competition, paternal expectations, and financial success are matched by mental illness, financial desperation, and angry delusion in the storyline.

19. Miguel_GFloyd's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

This film is a wonderful adaptation of Arthur Miller’s great American tragedy. With an ensemble of strong actors and incredibly well written dialogue, there is never a dull moment to be had throughout the film’s duration.

20. Jenny's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Going into this movie I didn't expect much, but I once it was over I thought it was a great movie. It was a great rendition of an old classic play. It captured the intense emotion that these characters went through very well. When reading Death of a Salesman you can imagine what the characters are going through, but while watching it you can see the characters react. The movie was worth watching.

21. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

I watched this with my dad back when I was 16 years old. Never have I cried so much before or since at a movie. Timelessly sad in its theme of "a man's inability to accept change within himself and society." It's one of those stories that can be applied to everyone in a heartbreakingly relatable way. We all know, or are, Willy Lomans.

22. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

23. EdieEmm's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

How do I rate this? As a film, I mean, cinematically, it's mediocre. And you don't get credit for Miller's genius. But man, it's a powerful play, and Hoffman's a devastating Willy Loman, and you've gotta get points for making such an accessible adaptation... Still, theatre's theatre, and I'd rather see it on stage. Ideally with a heartbreakingly beautiful 32-year-old Malkovich. But you can't have everything.

24. msmichel's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

The great American play is brought to vivid life with this adaptation of the Broadway remounted production starring Dustin Hoffman as Willy Loman. All four principal parts are exceptionally cast especially a young John Malkovich as Biff. The stage bound conceit of the production however works against it and perhaps opening the production up would have worked in its favour.