1. Ian's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

No local high school production could have ever prepared me for the emotional core that this story gets to deliver here in Schlöndorff's adaptation. Staged like a top shelf theater production but with the intimacy only a camera can give you. We are given the opportunity to see every ounce of fear and memory grace Willie's face. Every bit of anxiety and conflict fall upon Biff. Something very unique was blended here.

2. Raul Duarte's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

3. Ben Loory's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

i like dustin hoffman a lot but he's just terribly miscast here. willy loman is a blowhard and a liar who cows his wife and family with his explosively violent temper; hoffman plays him like a rather cute mentally deficient weakling. he acts his ass off and it is impressive in a way, but still he robs the play of much of its danger and power.

4. Allison Vivian Fine's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Stunning on all fronts. Of course Miller's play is absolutely astounding. One of the great American playwrights with probably the ultimately great American play. This play is so satisfying on so many fronts it's staggering. Then the performances, the direction, the honoring of the script by maintaining a stage-like feeling--Malkevoich and Hoffman are incredible, and Kate Reid is heart breaking. Nothing better.

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

This film adaptation of Death Of A Salesman proves to be a difficult watch, though it is just as it is with the stage version. The characters endure so much throughout the runtime, but the audience is brought right in thanks to marvelous performances by Hoffman and Malkovich. A truly classic film made from an all-time classic play.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

I saw 'Death' when I was 18 at Arena Stage with the amazing Bob Prosky and Bruce Weitz. It was incredibly moving. I was trying to keep from crying because I was out with my friend and his parents. I kept saying, "This is not actually happening." At the end I cried so hard and loud that the actors looked at me and smiled. Probably the best acting I've ever seen. This version is OK.

7. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Great play, not so great film of it

8. Ahmet UJeschk's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Why not a musical ? Would fit very well

9. Esra Yılmaz's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

it was well done but ı couldn't finish it.I just couldn't feel the characters I'm not sure the reason because hoffman was amazing

10. narcekirdegi's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

***totally personal*** perfect cast, perfect acting. i dont know how, the film made links with "there will be blood" and "barneys version" in my head. hoffman and malkovich made a great job. made me feel human again, made me feel as a kid. ***totally personal""" at the end of the day, family wins in some way; by living or by dying.

11. Yaghizathos's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Satıcının ölümü, Broadway çıkışlı bir tiyatro oyununun beyaz perdeye uyarlaması. Fakat uyarlama diyip işin içinden çıkmak en kaba tabirle çok ayıp olur. Ailesinin tüm sorumluluğu üzerinde olan bir babanın yaşadığı tüm iç ve dış savaşlar, incelikle ele alınmış. Sonuçta ise hayatın bu basit gerçeklerinin, ne denli büyük bir drama donusebilecegi gerçeğini iliklerinize kadar hissettiren bir yapıt ortaya çıkmış.

12. Angelika Arman's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

Dustin Hoffmann is such a miscast. Toecurling.

13. Bullitt's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

It's sad to see Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovich performing together at their absolute worst.

14. Obient's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

"It's dark there, but full of diamonds.". I've my own interpretation for this line. Praise to Mr. Miller, all of cast and crews, especially to Mr. Hoffman.

15. roberto2112's rating of the film Death of a Salesman

sad little movie, not because its bad, but it's just a sad story, and a sad little film

2 Next →