1. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Deathdream

PTSD metaphor is a little on the nose.

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Deathdream

Not perfect and not as polished as Black Christmas (obviously), but nevertheless a fun and creepy mood piece. The low budget works for its advantage, because essentially all you need are long and creeping takes and Richard Backus staring and grinning. Throw in a little family drama and social commentary about the war, and you have a solid Clark horror flick.

3. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Deathdream

The relentless obviousness of this is actually what I like about it.

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film Deathdream

take any person and make him/her stare and smile for long and it will look damn creepy.

5. film_lies101's rating of the film Deathdream

Some of it has dated but it still manages to be effective and chilling

6. traag-1's rating of the film Deathdream

Chilly.Pretty nerve racking score. Loved the mom/dad pairing who both matched the intensity they brought to Cassavetes' "FACES".

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Deathdream

Por un lado una alegoría a los rezagos de la guerra (PTSD), por otro una alegoría al abuso de insumos. Los síntomas de un soldado "revivido" son los de un "zombie" que todavía conserva una brote de humanidad, claro que uno hostil. Una película que no responde al "cómo empezó todo"; punto a favor. Otro punto de interés, el drama del padre y el de la madre.

8. Amandenberg's rating of the film Deathdream

Amazing allegory for PTSD and just a badass horror flick.

9. Jason Callen's rating of the film Deathdream

Very solid horror flick exploring the desensitization of soldiers and the difficulty in returning to a "normal" life, for the soldier, the family, and the community. Some nice, very early, Tom Savini make up art as well.

10. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film Deathdream

A fun early horror flick from Bob Clark. I never wanted to stop punching the mother for the duration of the movie.

11. Samantha Kate's rating of the film Deathdream

I was so amped for this. I'm happy it met my expectations.