1. Superfrog's rating of the film Decalogue I

Perfect execution, both in photography and scenography. Should be shown to people making g so called film who cannot place a camera and have character speak for nowt. The use of sound and image and if the special link to the audience is pure mastery.

2. Kevin Aditya's rating of the film Decalogue I

Like a punch to the gut, in slow motion, with you feeling every second of the pain.

3. Ghostman's rating of the film Decalogue I

A beautiful and powerful objective cinematic thesis on the soul. I can already tell the Criterion Decalogue is going to be one of the best home video purchases I've made.

4. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Decalogue I

Le premier épisode du décalogue de Kieslowski, 30 ans après sa réalisation, demeure d'une belle modernité. Le premier opus "Un seul dieu tu adoreras", oppose assez subtilement la science à la religion. Sous la lumière verte et crue des écrans, la complicité scientifique d'un père et de son fils est brisée nette. D'une mise en scène habitée, Kieslowski dresse une interrogation morale qui l'est tout autant. Envoutant.

5. cuttofences's rating of the film Decalogue I

God's absence and god's force work at the same time.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Decalogue I

>>> Sublime ! www.cinefiches.com

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Decalogue I

8. Carambotti's rating of the film Decalogue I

NW Film Center showing the full Decalogue throughout March. I feel this one in my bones. Innocence grasping the meaning of death. Science vs God. Choices in how to live this life. Random fate. There's supposed to be a link to the 10 commandments, but I think it's just a cerebral diversion.

9. La quinta luna's rating of the film Decalogue I

10. anacecil's rating of the film Decalogue I

El decálogo tiene 10 obras, todas maravillosas !!! Unaa obra maestra para verla

11. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Decalogue I

Shot with beautiful naturality, Kieslowski's take on the first commandment is a tear dropping story about faith itself: those blue eyes striking at you - the kid so blue: with that dense finale. A perfect example of good taste in cinema.

12. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Decalogue I

We begin, I presume, with the 1st Commandment—"Thou Shalt Have No Gods Before Me"—and thus we get a beautifully nuanced short story about faith and technocracy set in the last days of Iron Curtain-era Poland. It's rare that a movie can make a death feel meaningful, or that it can make Big Questions so personal and unpretentious. If the rest is this good, this binge-watch will be in the presence of greatness.

13. Aardsy's rating of the film Decalogue I

Just petting a dead dog...

14. A47's rating of the film Decalogue I

Bad science means skating on thin ice...

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Decalogue I

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Decalogue I

"Thou shalt have no other God but me". The Madonna's tears, the mother's absence, the hole in the ice, the milk and the dove. Highly recommended.

17. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Decalogue I

9/10. Mounting dread and stylish lighting are just a couple attractions in Kieslowski's compelling depiction of faith and science pitted against tragedy.

18. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Decalogue I

Is it a criticism on complete confidence in science? Is it a pro-theism piece of propaganda? Is it a movie about the tragedy of the inevitability of death? Is it a fatalistic manifesto? Is it all of the above? I'm not sure. And since it doesn't force a particular point of view upon me, this movie is more than great.

19. Landen Celano's rating of the film Decalogue I

20. Kamran's rating of the film Decalogue I

The spontaneity found in the child actor of Dekalog I makes it one of the more engaging episodes. The unfathomable ink spill draws doubt in the most resolute of scientific thinkers, evoking the presence of an inconceivable figure. 93/100 - Amazing.

21. postblueink's rating of the film Decalogue I

8.5/10 (24. 08. 2016). God is love.

22. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Decalogue I

23. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film Decalogue I

24. Makinist Klitorist's rating of the film Decalogue I

Ey Kieslowski! Beni benden aldın. Polonyalılar'a ait bön surat ifadesi ve o gri ortamın içinde, Tevrat'ın 10 Emri doğrultusunda çekilmiş on filmin birincisi. Göl başında oturan o garip adamı görünce ne olacağını anlamıştım...