1. A47's rating of the film Decalogue IX

2. Superfrog's rating of the film Decalogue IX

The tension is lost of me due to different social expectations and upbringing. Still great, bit less so than other in the series. Or as I was sharing with my lover, another episode us comfortably non monogamous people won't get.

3. Ghostman's rating of the film Decalogue IX

A fine entry in the Decalogue. An emotional and affecting take on adultery (once again) and clearly about 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife'. The performances are excellent and it is very well shot. I must say this was probably the most obvious entry in the series but it is still powerful. Maybe I'll find it more complex and wrenching when I'm older, married, and with a cheating wife but we'll see.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Decalogue IX

>>> Du cinéma essentiel qui touche à l'essence même des relations humaines... www.cinefiches.com

5. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Decalogue IX

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife—or thine own, as the case may be. A solid hour on carnal versus emotional love.

6. Vincent T's rating of the film Decalogue IX

the dude who keeps appearing is annoying.

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Decalogue IX

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife".

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Decalogue IX

Using soldering skills to tap the phone...

9. Kamran's rating of the film Decalogue IX

Perhaps the most somber and unassumingly cinematic of the series, with Piotr Sobociński's (Three Colours: Red) camera splitting the frame into narrow channels of obscured sight--a formal move which well conveys the tunneled vision of desperate love. Cool tempered, understated, and the first instance of "Van den budenmayer". 90/100 - Amazing.

10. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Decalogue IX

8/10. A harrowing look at the destructive unspoken within a marriage in which the man is impotent. Beautiful voyeuristic camerawork constantly peaks around corners, through windows and out of closet doors to immerse us in the intimate story.

11. anarresti's rating of the film Decalogue IX

Great for a double session with "Breaking the Waves". In fact, Von Trier's 1996 film seems to be a re-enactment of the same trauma. He puts a couple through the same trial, with different consequences. (Not exactly, though, some plot elements are switched, causes become effects and effects become causes, which makes it even more interesting). This is one of the most interesting of the Decalogue series.

12. Adriano Rocha's rating of the film Decalogue IX

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife".