1. petit astronaute's rating of the film Decision at Sundown

2. José Neves's rating of the film Decision at Sundown

35mm, rewatched. And the handsome aged into a silent expressionless man, whose facial immobility evokes a past of diegetic suffering, triumphantly expressed in his infinite capacity as an actor. Of the series of westerns he made with Boetticher, this is the one who shows less compulsion.

3. JonMB's rating of the film Decision at Sundown

Does Randolph Scott ever get dirty? One of his better flicks but still too vanilla for me. The thing about Randolph Scott movies (with the exception of Ride The High Country) is that he seems to always be playing the same character. Same scarf, same demeanor.

4. joey Noodles's rating of the film Decision at Sundown

Boetticher continues to intrigue me, how exactly he created such incredible richness and complexity of character within such hackneyed and would-be-stereotypical plots I have no idea. This is one of the finest in the whole of the Ranown Cycle, of a series which constantly provides fascinating endings, this one may have the finest. Morally complex and at times even quite profound, a superb western. 4/5

5. Sean Keeley's rating of the film Decision at Sundown

A probing, deeply ambiguous morality tale and character study in the guise of a standard B Western. My favorite Boetticher so far.