1. Bob's rating of the film DeepStar Six

Competent direction successfully creates the feel of claustrophobia but it's the screenplay that brings the story to life. No single character is wasted for killing count, each of them brings their uniqueness in personality and manners - which leads to series of confrontations that are just as important as the horror from the deep. Add ambitious special effects and this is one the most underrated creature features.

2. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film DeepStar Six

I thought would be a mess but found this to be quite enjoyable despite the movie´s limitations. Storywise we get a watered down copy of better movies but I tought the casting and acting was pretty solid and the story wasn´t half bad for a movie like this. And the fact that it takes almost the whole movie to get to the creature (which looks ridiculous) was a plus in my book. So all in all I was pleasantly surprised!

3. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film DeepStar Six

Pure amateur hour. Cheap-looking and beyond dumb. Makes one appreciate, all the more, what James Cameron accomplished with The Abyss the same year. I kinda like Leviathan, though, also from 1989.

4. The Macho King's rating of the film DeepStar Six

A illogical,garbage caliber,"face palm to self" worthy travesty.

5. NiteFlight9's rating of the film DeepStar Six

6. Henrik Schunk's rating of the film DeepStar Six

An inexcusably bad rip-off of Alien / The Thing / The Abyss. No story, no actors, no noteworthy special effects, no sets, the terrible stench of 80s costumes and props. What a torture, 97 minutes of my life I never get back, good thing I surfed the Internet while watching it ! Stay away and let it vanish from the world of film for good.