1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

This is for fans of fire, oil, mud & explosions. 5 stars for the action. When it comes to the plot, the story itself, it's only about 25 minutes in which the reasons why are a bit explained. What we see else is only Mark Wahlberg running around to rescue people. What we don't see is the extent of the disaster on nature & life in the aftermath, BP's deliberate behaviour of unlimited greed & criminal irresponsability.

2. Ahmed El-kashef's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

3. HKFanatic's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

The climactic scene in which a hundred deep-sea drillers drop to their knees and recite the Lord's Prayer could easily be seen as Peter Berg and company pandering to Middle America, but it also effectively underscores how these men and women have spent the last hour trapped in a fiery Inferno. Quietly, and without much recognition from cineastes or mainstream audiences, Berg has become one of our best filmmakers.

4. janice.hughes's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Peter Berg's account of the BP oil disaster of the coast of Louisiana in 2010. The true story is a catastrophe of mammoth proportions with 11 people dead and a massive environmental disaster. The script fails to deliver credible characters and you cannot understand what on earth is going on amidst the chaos as the film makers are too far and away out to sea.

5. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Once again Peter Berg proves that he knows how to shoot a movie.And once again he pair with Marky Mark and this duo seems to be quite productive. In the first hour not much happens.Just dialog and a few nice shots.80% from the dialog is nonsense,10% just specific terms that i dont understand completly. those remaing procents is just enough to make you understand that something bad will happen. The sec act is better.

6. saitosouta's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

I'm only impressed with how comically Kurt Russell blows off in bathroom. And I'm surprised the deep brown liquids which erupt in trailer is not oil but just muddy water, which looks like more dangerous than the oil actually.

7. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

I never write reviews like this, but this sums up this schlock: Men! Men discussing oil! Uh-oh, something starts to go wrong! Women aren't important in our lives! Oh god, the mud's coming! MORE mud! BOOM! Explosions! John Malkovich running around with his mouth open! MORE explosions! Random American flags! Dylan O'Brien somehow stays hot through the whole thing! Praying! 'MURICA! We made it! Don't waste your time...

8. Görkem Demir's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

9. JCPJD's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Peter Berg is such a douch bag. Firstly, audio. The audio in this film is terrible. I couldn't understand what was being said half the time. Second, 'women are dutiful little things that sit on the sofa fretting about their men'. Thirdly, Peter Berg is such a Douchbag. The story is crappy, the sentiments are predictable and it's totally humourless. Not 'ha-ha' humour, just basic wry intelligence.

10. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Can't believe I felt genuine emotion and thrills in a Mark Wahlberg movie. And with Peter Berg at the helm of all things. I'm livid. First half was actually a pretty good ensemble drama and then we got 45 of explosions. Though Berg still falls in quite some melodramatic traps of the "white christian patriotism" he more than makes up for it with complete control in immersing the viewer into the disastrous situation.

11. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Double scandale à Nanarland ! Peter Berg parvient à faire de la catastrophe de la plateforme pétrolière de BP un très mauvais film d'action, qui se perd dans des explications techniques sans fin au début et des ralentis indigestes à la fin. Et passe sous silence toute conscience politique, puisqu'il réduit l'un des plus grands scandales écologique à un simple drame héroïque en mauvais mélo. Pathétique !

12. audipras's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Since I like disaster movies, I'll give it a 5 despite the average of 3 they given here. First, the story progressed just right, not too slow, not too fast. The tension is also built up nicely until some point in the movie, there is no going back from that. Half of this movie will make you breathless because of the thrill!

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

This is the second collaboration between Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg. Honestly, there's nothing special in its drama. I feel bored instead. Thanks God, it isn't long. When the movie started to show the explosion, it's the time when Deepwater Horizon became an ultimate disaster movie. That's the time when this movie showed its true face. Mark Wahlberg and Kurt Russell did a good job as a main and supporting actor...

14. Justwibi's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

at least Deepwater Horizon entertain me a lot with this stereotype of disaster movie. Russell & Malkovich is really got my attention! .... nice VFX btw..

15. etilen's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

hollywood bullshit or one of the best example of how to ruin a potentially good story

16. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Works both as an enlightening documentary and a fun blockbuster

17. MistaRichard's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Michael Bay if Michael Bay could actually tell a decent story.

18. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

delivers exactly what you would expect. it's solid but maybe not as good as Barry Jenkins recently made it out to be on Twitter.

19. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

I truly believe Berg is the very best of Hollyweed*

20. Corriel's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Very good, instructive, and gripping. 4.5

21. vordven's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

22. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

23. Max Swanson's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

Peter Berg has become one of the best action directors working today, a true disciple of Mann.

24. Ghostman's rating of the film Deepwater Horizon

A respectable and accomplished film that honors those who died in the BP oil spill. I think this is a step forward for Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg is nicely taking on Tom Hanks-like roles. I do think they could have gone more in-depth about what happened after the spill, it feels too short.