1. novanindro's rating of the film Defending Your Life

that sofa talk is so emotional for me but wait hold my beer guess i bit drunk for it

2. Z's rating of the film Defending Your Life

This has been a sentimental favorite of mine for a long while, feels like several lifetimes at this point. Albert Brooks gives us a gently satirical look at a bureaucratic, suburban strip mall purgatory where one must defend how courageously they lived. Not as cutting as some of Brook's earlier comedies, but no less incisive and witty. Streep and Brooks have chemistry. The ending is superb and emotionally gratifying.

3. truffraud's rating of the film Defending Your Life

this movie is excellently poignant, a real lesson in appreciating life's... lifeness. life's vitality. happiness is the way, not the goal. i respect the hell out of brooks.

4. Polyglot's rating of the film Defending Your Life

Meryl Streep's laugh will bring peace to the middle east. I swear. :') ♥ 4.5 Stars.

5. Erik F.'s rating of the film Defending Your Life

This could/should have been better, but there were a couple of nice moments.

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Defending Your Life

Brooks, Los Angeles' Woody Allen, has in "Defending Your Life" one of his most thought-provoking and unique concepts. Driven by strong ideals, a clear vision and solid performances, the film fails, however, to reach the quality of some of the filmmaker's best endeavors. There's a thinness to an otherwise complex subject and despite a plot that moves briskly, too many scenes lag and a lot of jokes don't land.

7. Amandenberg's rating of the film Defending Your Life

"Fear is like a giant fog. It sits on your brain and blocks everything - real feelings, true happiness, real joy. They can't get through that fog. But you lift it, and buddy, you're in for the ride of your life"

8. Melis Alemdar's rating of the film Defending Your Life

Everybody should see this charming and wonderful film, preferably before they're dead.

9. W2's rating of the film Defending Your Life

There are moments in the second half of the film that make the first half almost tolerable.

10. Bojan's rating of the film Defending Your Life

A lot of horrible, embarrassing jokes.

11. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film Defending Your Life

this is actually the first movie that i watched with meryl streep in it and i loved her since then

12. Algitya's rating of the film Defending Your Life

One of the best movie ever. I sorta miss these kind of Hollywood's sometimes .. ^ ^a

13. Westley's rating of the film Defending Your Life

Sorry, but the idea of some jerks holding a trial in which you and your life are judged based on some arbitrary idea of how "fearless" you "should have been" seems a little bit fascist to me. Also, on a different note, what was with all the blatant racial stereotypes in this movie? It was kind of offensive.

14. Patrick's rating of the film Defending Your Life

I'm at the Continental. Come over one day; we'll paint it.

15. Sean's rating of the film Defending Your Life

Albert Brooks and his story about the afterlife, great film, very healtfelt and thoughtful

16. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Defending Your Life

Albert Brooks crosses a romantic comedy with his vision of what happens after we die and comes up wih a gem that only gets better each time you see it.

17. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Defending Your Life

A pleasant film, but ultimately nothing all that substantial. Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep have some nice chemistry, and Rip Torn is fun. But it's light on real big laughs, never quite sharp or clever enough to rise above the merely amusing. Entertaining enough, but not all that memorable.

18. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Defending Your Life