1. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film Delicatessen

Ah, '90s art house. Saw this on the other streaming service and thoroughly enjoyed the playful tone of a movie so purposefully off-kilter. Sure, there are weirder stories out there, but they aren't necessarily as fun.

2. luminous's rating of the film Delicatessen

4.5 Black comedy is too english a term for this grotesque, part carnivorous, part hilarious fête. It reminds me that only the French are the masters of the amuse-bouches ;)

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Delicatessen

4. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Delicatessen

Were the idle afternoon viewing of two eight-year-old boys named Tim Burton and Wes Anderson The Tenant, a dozen expressionist films, some Terry Gilliam, Noah's Arc, and The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, this is probably the movie their prepubescent imaginations would reconstitute.

5. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Delicatessen

- (...) C'est beau la vie. (bip bip bip bip)

6. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film Delicatessen

7. Chris's rating of the film Delicatessen

7/10 - certainly interesting, but not as funny as i was led to believe... also i'm aurore

8. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Delicatessen

This is a 99-minute playground of sound, vision, and style; and while it's not necessarily the greatest dystopian film I've ever seen in terms of story and character development, it's definitely worth a watch for the sheer ingenuity of the production as a whole.

9. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Delicatessen

10. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Delicatessen

Una pellicola a dir poco stramba, che alterna momenti di puro surrealismo ad attimi di piattissima regolarità. Gli attori sono decenti, la trama è ben costruita e il ritmo è decisamente incalzante. La nota migliore del film è decisamente la fotografia, che regala delle scene molto belle, le quali per tutta la durata della proiezione danno all'occhio la parte che, come si suol dire, vuole. Decisamente da vedere.

11. Jim Fear's rating of the film Delicatessen

The building sex scene is kinda like a "Stomp" show, great imagery too.

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film Delicatessen

13. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Delicatessen

I miss my french classes (yeah, we watched french films and my teacher had the best taste ever).

14. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Delicatessen

loved the story and the colors and the overall feeling of creepy yet stylish

15. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Delicatessen

16. coxno's rating of the film Delicatessen

a fairytale gone wrong. it's disturbingly fun and imaginative, and sometimes a movie doesn't need much else to be enjoyable

17. André Pereira's rating of the film Delicatessen

18. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Delicatessen

Despite the very high rating, this movie is not worth it. Launched as a (black) comedy, horror or sci-fi, this movie is nothing of all these. There are no characters to remember afterward. The humor is very much forced, the “comedy“ so overdone that it is not only un-funny, but depressing. There are not at all any sci-fi elements. Just a nice cinematography doesn't make up for an entire movie. Overrated. Boring.

19. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Delicatessen

mătache măcelarul. mă rog.

20. Joyce's rating of the film Delicatessen

I'd love this movie even without subtitles.

21. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film Delicatessen

Super Film, erinnert mich etwas an Brasil. Für mich ist allein die Bettszene auf der Suche nach der quietschenden Feder jeder Ehre würdig.

22. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Delicatessen

I love this film since I saw it for the first time in the early 1990s. Its full of weird as well as poetic ideas and imaginative visual moments. And it has some remarkable features regarding the music and sound: e.g. trying to find the bedspring in need of repair through the rhythm of „Aloha 'Oe“ sounding from the TV, or verifying the „Baaa“ of the lamb sound maker with the aid of a tuning fork.

23. Muraki's rating of the film Delicatessen

24. sister chromatid's rating of the film Delicatessen

Mise en scene in Jeunet/Caro films is so perfect that the films are worth a watch for the visuals alone. The dust and despair in the air is so palpable you could choke on it. Beautiful story. Also, I want to believe that Dominique Pinon was actually a circus performer in real life at some point. It seems so right.

← Previous 1 3 4