1. Richard Donnelly's rating of the film Delicatessen

Dark, inventive, highly stylized triumph of love over chaos.

2. leilganewcomb's rating of the film Delicatessen

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Delicatessen

When you look at the root of evil there are signs along the way. A certain stylishness is forced upon you in the service of story, and you have to admit that it's a visual feast. Who knew that this would eventually spawn that monstrosity of twee, 'Amelie'? Now I look back and wonder, "Was it really worth it in the end?"

4. Dimitrius Megalomatidis's rating of the film Delicatessen

Typical delightul post-apocalyptical story happening in a dystopical world. In a famished society, values are inverted and cannibalism's taken place into the madness of a building, whilst a love story's taken place with two of the inhabitants. A masterpiece.

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Delicatessen

3.8 stars. Yes, it's in colossally bad taste and kitschy where it intends, I think, to be phantasmagorical and grotesque. However, it gave my teenage brain indelible images to chew over and, curiously, cemented my vegetarian convictions! It doesn't feel disingenuous, which strikes me as the fatal flaw in Jeunet's later work. It's not a film that I feel the need to return to however. I watched it at the right time.

6. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Delicatessen

as warm and whimsical as it is cold and dark. the climax of the film for me is the moment when all the tenants' daily activities sync up into a sort of musical harmony, matching pace with the super of the complex, a domineering- cannibalistic butcher- the tempo picking up speed until finally all those little vignettes collapse or explode under the strain..

7. ceknklsn's rating of the film Delicatessen

44/100 (Sizin bu ikinci yarıyı çeken aklınızı s.keyim aq salakları. ANLAYIN LAN ARTIK ANLAYIN. İLK YARISI REALİST OLAN BİR FİLMİN İKİNCİ YARISI ABSÜRT O LA MAZ. Aptal insan anlar ama şu sinema dünyası anlamadı yahu. Hayatımda izlediğim en berbat ikinci yarıydı. Ne mantıkla ne beyinle çektiniz. O yeraltı örgüt ne alaka, banyoyu suyla doldurma nedir, banyonun çökmesi ne, beynine bıçak giren adamın konuşması ne. mallar)

8. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Delicatessen

It starts interestingly but fades away real quick. You don't have to wait more than 30 minutes to understand how Jeunet later makes the unnecessarily "beautiful" garbage, Amelie.

9. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Delicatessen

10. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film Delicatessen

Ah, '90s art house. Saw this on the other streaming service and thoroughly enjoyed the playful tone of a movie so purposefully off-kilter. Sure, there are weirder stories out there, but they aren't necessarily as fun.

11. luminous's rating of the film Delicatessen

4.5 Black comedy is too english a term for this grotesque, part carnivorous, part hilarious fête. It reminds me that only the French are the masters of the amuse-bouches ;)

12. Balthaz21's rating of the film Delicatessen

13. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Delicatessen

Were the idle afternoon viewing of two eight-year-old boys named Tim Burton and Wes Anderson The Tenant, a dozen expressionist films, some Terry Gilliam, Noah's Arc, and The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, this is probably the movie their prepubescent imaginations would reconstitute.

14. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Delicatessen

- (...) C'est beau la vie. (bip bip bip bip)

15. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film Delicatessen

16. Chris's rating of the film Delicatessen

7/10 - certainly interesting, but not as funny as i was led to believe... also i'm aurore

17. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Delicatessen

This is a 99-minute playground of sound, vision, and style; and while it's not necessarily the greatest dystopian film I've ever seen in terms of story and character development, it's definitely worth a watch for the sheer ingenuity of the production as a whole.

18. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Delicatessen

19. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Delicatessen

Una pellicola a dir poco stramba, che alterna momenti di puro surrealismo ad attimi di piattissima regolarità. Gli attori sono decenti, la trama è ben costruita e il ritmo è decisamente incalzante. La nota migliore del film è decisamente la fotografia, che regala delle scene molto belle, le quali per tutta la durata della proiezione danno all'occhio la parte che, come si suol dire, vuole. Decisamente da vedere.

20. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Delicatessen

The building sex scene is kinda like a "Stomp" show, great imagery too.

21. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Delicatessen

I miss my french classes (yeah, we watched french films and my teacher had the best taste ever).

22. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Delicatessen

loved the story and the colors and the overall feeling of creepy yet stylish

23. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Delicatessen

24. coxno's rating of the film Delicatessen

a fairytale gone wrong. it's disturbingly fun and imaginative, and sometimes a movie doesn't need much else to be enjoyable

← Previous 1 3 4 5