1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Deliverance

When I was a kid, I was embarresed. Later I was shocked. Much later I understood. "Banjo Duel", "Butt Scene",.."the whole other stuff"...disgusting. The arrogance, the so called civilization, "the money can buy attitude". Mr. Reynolds in one of his better roles. Great movie.

2. Dalibor's rating of the film Deliverance

One of the most poetic horror sequences I've yet seen - that, of course, being the banjo duo - sets a tone for the entire film. Disturbing tension between country and city, morality and opportunism, laws of nature or those man made. And however underlying all of those topic may be, the film avoids preaching any of them, delivering instead a claustrophobia of their constant conflict.

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Deliverance

Duellin' banjos, one of cinema's best musical moments.This thriller has similarities to "Straw Dogs" as this is about city people that angers country people who in return starts to rape and terrorize. Burt Reynolds has always acted better without his mustache and has seldom been better and Jon Voight do one of his strongest moments here. "Squeal like a pig", the most haunting, gruesome words any man will hear.

4. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Deliverance

"Welcome to the Jungle" - A survival's tale in the worst place possible, where danger can appear in the most unexpected situations. A philosophical approach to the human condition in extreme scenarios, where the tension and instinct override the law and the normal functioning of social relations. In the end, probably, the wild animals won't be only those strange people that lurk on the banks of the river.

5. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Deliverance

Third time watching it's literally one of the best movies I've ever seen

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Deliverance

7. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Deliverance

8. bryanvmh's rating of the film Deliverance

9. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Deliverance

Cool banjo scene and the 'revenge' killings with the bow and arrow were awesome. But I'm not a fan of rape.

10. Terri Wise's rating of the film Deliverance

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Deliverance

Un film superbe, déchirant et d'une cruelle présence qui restera longtemps dans la mémoire du spectateur comme un mémorable chef-d'oeuvre de réalisme et de sensibilité... www.cinefiches.com

12. radurosca's rating of the film Deliverance

Great movie of the 70's with two young future legends

13. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Deliverance

14. Frances's rating of the film Deliverance

Very disturbing. Brings up the question of man's arrogance and the larger that we cannot control or tame.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Deliverance

Read the book. It's truly one of the most amazing books I have ever read. This adaptation is quite good. Everyone, including Burt, does an amazing job. It accounts for why people are so afraid of hillbillies.

16. miles's rating of the film Deliverance

Quite some rough bits in this film, but overal an interesting film.

17. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Deliverance

18. ammar's rating of the film Deliverance

19. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Deliverance

20. Joel's rating of the film Deliverance

Grimy and gross but somehow still beautiful and restrained. A claustrophobic journey that is all texture and heat. A handful of really wonderful single take scenes and a lingering foul taste in your mouth.

21. ig_____or's rating of the film Deliverance

Burt Reynolds was one hot bear in this, I was not expecting that but he was complete eye candy... until he broke his leg. John Voight's Ed was the pussy turned hero. And the rape scene in the woods was so twisted... if only the rest of the film was able to maintain that high tension going. Oh well, overall a nice adventure thriller.

22. Chris's rating of the film Deliverance

1) this was a lot more disturbing than i expected it would be; 2) why did the leg injury look like a floppy chunk of beef; 3) 1970s burt reynolds could ******** **** my **** - 9/10

23. James Mackin's rating of the film Deliverance

It never really tops the first 20 minutes, but all in all, it's pretty good.

24. Bob's rating of the film Deliverance

Pacing that is perfectly accompanied with outback landscapes and banjo theme, which by the end manages to sound chilling, slowly turns into horrific nightmare that lasts until the point of realization that it doesn't matter if the night is over. What remains, stays in the dark for the rest of the lifetime and the horror of not ever waking up is captured as one of the purest movie experiences.

← Previous 1 3 4