1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Demolition

On paper the cast is great, but they can't put it on screen. Unsympathic characters all over, without exception. A diffuse & dissipating storyline makes this movie uninvolving & unconvincing. And, worst of all, there is Karen's terrible teenage son, Chris, a real pain. Gyllenhaal can't pull it out.

2. Luca Taurini's rating of the film Demolition

3. Joanna's rating of the film Demolition

i want to give this five stars just for jake gyllenhaal dancing to free's mr. big

4. Max Swanson's rating of the film Demolition

Frustrating, bizarre, but somehow utterly absorbing. It's well edited like all of Valee's films and Gyllenhaal once again turns in fantastic work.

5. MistaRichard's rating of the film Demolition

6. Rebecca Lynn Johnson's rating of the film Demolition

7. Mar J's rating of the film Demolition

8. Kenrick Block's rating of the film Demolition

9. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Demolition

Realmente le quedan bien a Jake Gyllenhaal este tipo de papeles donde no demuestra sentimientos y medios psico... o puede ser que me gustan las peliculas donde representa a personajes de ese estilo... en este caso con interesantes metáforas, para considerar antes de volver a amar o sufrir cualquier tipo de perdida,siempre es bueno desarmarse por completo y analizar todo, antes de seguir nuestros propios caminos...

10. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Demolition

I enjoyed this out of a specific sentiment I felt for Gyllenhaal's character. I'm familiar with that "nothing" feeling that forms the groundwork of the entire film; and it's a hard feeling to confront, because you feel like you should always be doing more when facing hardships. Great performances. Great story.

11. jana_om's rating of the film Demolition

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film Demolition

13. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Demolition

Dietro a Dallas ma molto meglio di quella patacca di Wild. Vallee sposta continuamente il mirino,spiazza lo spettatore e ci propone un film "demolito",senza ritmo,plastico ed infame,come a mostrare l'insensatezza delle nostre esistenze e l'impossibilità di elaborare un lutto. Molte scelte non le ho apprezzate,ma è stato coerentissimo ed ha condotto in porto fino alla fine il suo messaggio.

14. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Demolition

15. Dries's rating of the film Demolition

A me gyllenhaal gasa na cifra,me fa quasi sentì n'po frocio. 3,5

16. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film Demolition

Empezó interesante, se volvió muy previsible, y terminó como muy bien intencionada. Vale, aún así, recomendable (dentro de la mierda que hubo el año pasado)

17. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Demolition

I see nothing but good intentions here, but the movie ends up being a bit shallow, with a few unlikable characters (I'm looking at you, Naomi Watts's son). However, it was fun watching Gyllenhaal literally destroying his life, with a good performance, and the movie actually is interesting.

18. BernardoL's rating of the film Demolition

Jake Gyllenhaal em grande como sempre, mas o filme é tão genéricozinho, tão seguro, tão cheio de clichés.

19. João Estevens's rating of the film Demolition

20. greers's rating of the film Demolition

21. Febrasaka Madindari's rating of the film Demolition

apparently having a comfort feeling to an 'open ending' type of movie. huge feelings for this one

22. jooley's rating of the film Demolition

Parts of it work well as a muted exploration of grief, but the consequence-less emotional detachment started feeling really dry after a while and as the guy got more gleeful, I started to suspect he was, in fact, a psycho. The performances are all well worth watching and there's an interesting (but slight) surrealist vibe, so I quite liked it in the end even though I had different expectations.

23. yelloww's rating of the film Demolition