1. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film Demons

A difficult film to review and rate. In terms of when it was made it's setting in a cinema theatre, it's image and it's gore are symbolic of the 1980s. It may be flawed but it as a nostalgic cinematic charm. Panic and hysteria works so well in cinema and in a cinema setting. Nowadays demons would be set in our homes with big TVs, kindles and smartphones, replacing the cinema, and fancy S/FX replacing the messy gore.

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Demons

A post-modern, post-giallo for the post-Mulvey era. It's so self-aware, there is a blind film fan named Herzog who calls attention to the inherent spirituality of the movie theater (and only after getting his blind eyes poked out.) So even in this goofy slime, it's meta tendencies in breaking the fourth wall take on a few amusing meanings. Would make a great companion piece to The Church. Also, it's mildly racist.

3. Corey's rating of the film Demons

Sooooo campy! Hilariously bad acting. Fun movie to watch.

4. Diderot's rating of the film Demons

An ultra-stylish gore movie-- but what the fuck is up with the movie theater usher, and why is it never explained?

5. Kurt Tuohy's rating of the film Demons

Proof that you don't need great characters, actors, or plots to make a great movie.

6. atk.smith's rating of the film Demons

This is an amazingly funny gore movie from the master of the genre, Dario Argento. The pastiche of eighties type themes that emerge successively is hilarious. The soundtrack, the acting, and the script are all wonderfully camp. Love it.

7. Erin Nordqvist's rating of the film Demons

This film is straight parmesan. It is a gory 80s film that constantly makes you ask the question "why would you do that"...but then again most thrillers have that effect. All in all, if you like cheesy scary movies that do a semi decent job of keeping you on your toes, this is your movie.

8. filmotrope's rating of the film Demons

Nobody can say that Bava doesn't have complete control of his camera, but when it comes to everything else - performances, dialogue, mise-en-scène and even his sense of geography in the scenes -, it's all ridiculous and hilarious in the same measure, especially those amazing gory moments. http://www.filmotrope.com

9. Zac's rating of the film Demons

For a movie in the 1980's movie I expected nothing less. Simple teen horror film that horror films have been copying for years. I thoroughly enjoyed it for the corniness and predictable next moves.

10. Ben Loory's rating of the film Demons

i love horror movies but this is some serious meathead shit

11. David R Williams's rating of the film Demons

Argento. Bava. Demons. 80s Italian gore. Stupid but fun. What else do you need?

12. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Demons

What. The. Fuck. What did I just watch? For about the first 30 to 45 mins I wasn't that engaged. It had some nifty gore effects and a cool premise, but it just wasn't holding my attention. However, after a certain point it is almost like the people behind the scenes just threw their hands in the air and said "FUCK IT!" This is a weird, absurd little horror film that I can't wait to watch over and over again!

13. Ren Cook's rating of the film Demons

exactly what you'd think it would be. visually stimulating and camp

14. Honeychurch's rating of the film Demons

A lot of fun. I will always remember it fondly as the film that introduced me to Urbano Barberini's arms. and omg-- that soundtrack!!!!

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Demons

(2.5 stars) Exactly what you would expect from an 80's cheesy horror flick. Lots of gore... hell, TONS of gore. No character development, of course. Just lots of screaming, snarling and biting. These are more zombies than demons, I would say. It's got a synth 80's soundtrack... and - oh my - those glorious hairstyles. Heh. It's good mindless horror fun.

16. Miguel_GFloyd's rating of the film Demons

Demons was not the kind of movie I was expecting. It lacks any true terror, and simply settles for cheap scares and bland thrills. It had aspirations of being something bigger than what it was, but it fell flat. While I see that there is some entertainment value in the film, the narrative was not strong enough to give a worthwhile viewing, even for a film in the horror genre.

17. Shane Schenck's rating of the film Demons

I honestly thought this was enjoyable but not as a horror but as a comedy. The dubbing for the characters was terrible throughout the entire film. I liked the concept of the film however and intend on watching the sequel to see if they improved.

18. sohil's rating of the film Demons

Horrendous even by 80s standards.

19. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Demons

Wow. Surprisingly good. Really nice soundtrack, good ending with twist. Reminds me of Evil Dead so much.

20. chazell's rating of the film Demons

Eurostar waiting room, wanna eat green pesto pasta.

21. lostlevel's rating of the film Demons

Kind of terrible but fantastic.

22. lemmontage's rating of the film Demons

Good intercutting between 'movie' and 'live'.

23. crustina's rating of the film Demons

Everything I wanted from a campy 80s horror film. Loved the cinematography and the saturated colours. The video game-esque music is so cheesy and so much fun.

24. David G. Mabey's rating of the film Demons

Beautiful filming.. great production, more cheese than a Domino's pizza though, if that's what you like in 80s films, this ones gotta be one of the best then I guess!