1. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Departures

Cliche ending but the whole movie still made me sad.

2. Salma's rating of the film Departures

3. Axel's rating of the film Departures

Art. Cherish the pace. Enjoy.

4. lidiishere's rating of the film Departures

impactful. a deep look into Japanese culture on how we should embrace death -and life at the same time

5. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Departures

Un'affascinante visione della morte e di come l'uomo, un po' sentimentale, un po' vanesio, cerchi di dare al defunto la bellezza e la dignità che gli sono forse mancate in vita, sfruttando l'estrema occasione concessaci, come se l'importante fosse solo riuscire a dare un elegante ultimo saluto. Colmo della tipica eleganza cinematografica asiatica, Departures soffre solo di un eccessivo sentimentalismo nel finale.

6. eleventries's rating of the film Departures

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Departures

8. Renton47's rating of the film Departures

'Departures' has a few recycled ideas which should indicate how affecting you will find this film. It requires a sense of quiet and patience for its long, slow running time, but unfortunately I couldn't enter the film's goofy/somber mood. Its simple message of experiencing before judging is nice, but reiterated a little too frequently. Death's propaganda.

9. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Departures

Sentimental? Of course it is, it has to be. I like the motif of hands and food. The scenes where their hands touch corpses are followed by scenes of them eating food with their bare hands.

10. Halil Küçükyıldız's rating of the film Departures

an excellent film about life, death and human existence.

11. anschyn's rating of the film Departures

really interesting to watch how it successfully combined between death and classical music. new stuff

12. Diniella's rating of the film Departures

Just like salmon, there comes a time that "our inner compass" will calling us back home, and it takes courage for us to swim against the raging current..

13. Thomas Buisson's rating of the film Departures

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Departures

15. Brandi Argo's rating of the film Departures

A bitter satisfying aftertaste

16. lollyjoys's rating of the film Departures

sangat indah dan menghanyutkan

17. tjim's rating of the film Departures

A masterpiece. All kinds of human emotions combined in a movie with very good storyline and great acting.

18. Giuseppe Rigaglia's rating of the film Departures

19. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Departures

While the first half is not serious and borderline slapstick, the film grows to be a solemn tale about death and letting go.

20. Superfrog's rating of the film Departures

A little gem, a film describing the reality of closure. Will go right past those who never found it.

21. DrFirestone's rating of the film Departures

Beautiful setting, touching and emotional story. Interesting topic and the way this film handles it. Very good cast and acting in my opinion. It's very emotional, sad, sometimes bittersweet, and sometimes funny. It also explains some aspects of Japanese culture, how they honour the dead, and most of all how professions like undertakers still somehow remain socially awkward.

22. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Departures

Je ne le trouve pas aussi triste comme ce qu'on m'avait dit. Pourtant c'est la musique qui forme l'ambiance de tristesse parfaite.

23. Babar Malik's rating of the film Departures

Visually stunning and emotionally gripping. Great movie. Funny and sad at the same time.

24. Juliet Roberts's rating of the film Departures

Funny, sad, sweet and a tad cheesy, but very enjoyable non the less.

← Previous 1 3 4