1. beepea's rating of the film Desert Hearts

#luhvsessed n i thought wipe was useless...

2. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Desert Hearts

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Desert Hearts

DESERT HEARTS is a beautiful movie. I simply liked it because - I don't know, I just liked how this movie told its story. I think DESERT HEARTS has a solid storytelling. I must admit that its characters are not so special to me. But this movie succeed to made me sympathize to its main characters. I know it's a movie about lesbianism. But I saw it as movie about a woman who wanted to seek her true-self. Worth watching

4. S.J.B.'s rating of the film Desert Hearts

5. greencarnations's rating of the film Desert Hearts

A real gem of a film, so glad I was finally able to see this!

6. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Desert Hearts

I get the feeling that you really must have read the book to understand what's going on here...too many undertones and allusions and not enough drama! When there is finally some real tension it feels awkward and out of place. I suppose it's cute enough, though. The soundtrack is amazing and there is something peachy about the chemistry between Shaver and Charbonneau.

7. Erik F.'s rating of the film Desert Hearts

8. pirri's rating of the film Desert Hearts

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Desert Hearts

The aesthetic start to finish! Saturated. Sirkian, almost. Already a wry nostalgia to it when it was made, alongside its frank emotional dramas, or maybe to justify them (also the reason the camp aspects don't seem dated & 80s today). Pulled off in a way Todd Haynes never managed. I loved nearly every character, nearly right away. The camera loved them. So did the script. Easy, beguiling & sexy. Couldn't not love it.

10. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film Desert Hearts

"I don't usually feel this way at 9 o'clock in the morning."

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Desert Hearts

Let's be objective for a while. The film is dealing with a topic not often covered in American cinema, I don't deny it. But it's about all that can be said about 'Desert Hearts', I'm afraid. Already forgotten.

12. maurino's rating of the film Desert Hearts

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Desert Hearts

Does take place in the same cinematic universe as The Misfits?

14. Ethan's rating of the film Desert Hearts

This film is simply amazing from it's extraordinary desert locales to the very natural performances from the two leads that will make you feel every emotion in this roller coaster of a love story that was way ahead of its time but is a true gem no less.

15. Drew.'s rating of the film Desert Hearts

What elevated this film from good to great was the depth of the supporting relationships. I loved the scene with Cay and Silver in the bath.

16. killgill's rating of the film Desert Hearts

i watch this whenever i get really sad

17. caitiello's rating of the film Desert Hearts

This movie is so sexy and beautiful I'll forgive the hokey dialogue. Also it's a movie about lesbians, made by a lesbian director, where no one dies and it doesn't end in a love triangle with a man. Just a classic romance with all the ambiguities of life as a woman who loves women in the 50s.

18. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Desert Hearts

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Zi

19. Emily Sirko's rating of the film Desert Hearts

ok tbh I loved this..... the rain kissing scene>the notebook, "what is it you want", "another 40 mins with you" convincing her girl to hop onto a moving train! instant classic.... AND a movie about gays where absolutely nothing tragic or even emotionally crippling happens? all I did was smile, A+

20. lina maj's rating of the film Desert Hearts

Really enjoyed the outfits and hair!

21. Valerie Lemora's rating of the film Desert Hearts

Am I the only one who thought this was ridiculous

22. Jobsdone's rating of the film Desert Hearts

23. Christina Scavuzzo's rating of the film Desert Hearts

"I'm not stayin so don't squeeze"

24. Scotch's rating of the film Desert Hearts

Enjoyable, especially considering there aren't nearly enough lesbian films out there. A 50s-esque melodrama made in the 80s, set in the 50s (???). The special features with multi-angle and multi-take shots of the sex scene were especially ridiculous.