1. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film Design for Living

2. josé neves's rating of the film Design for Living

Cinematography by Victor Milner. "Desire" list: Gary Cooper, again - but Fredric March and Miriam Hopkins are amazing . "(...) I will leave all and come and make the hymns of you,/None has understood you, but I understand you, /None has done justice to you, you have not done justice to/yourself,/None but has found you imperfect, I only find no/imperfection in you, (...) (Walt Whitman)

3. espaçonimas's rating of the film Design for Living

A última segunda-feira clássica de Junho no Espaço Nimas trás-nos uma grande comédia de Ernst Lubitsch, UMA MULHER PARA DOIS. Não percam, é às 18h30! Preço único de 4€ Projecção em 35mm. TODOS AO NIMAS!

4. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Design for Living

Perhaps it suffers from watching it right after Trouble in Paradise. I felt there was this palimpsest like residue of the original play that unfortunately did not totally jibe with the cast and direction. Though there are plenty of joys to be had.

5. Terri Wise's rating of the film Design for Living

6. sapta's rating of the film Design for Living

Fantastic wity dialogue throughout. I should like this more but whenever there's adultery, I think about emotions, melodrama and tears... My own fault that I can't give this five stars.Love the leads(even Gary Cooper) but Miriam Hopkins outshines everyone.

7. Enrico MF's rating of the film Design for Living

Don’t let’s be delicate.

8. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Design for Living

This film reaches heights in terms of writing and directing that we've hardly seen in the history of film. The intelligence of all involved is far too great to call 'Design for Living' anything but a masterpiece.

9. Tigrão's rating of the film Design for Living

"—What do you do? —Me? I write unproduced plays, I'm pretty good at it!" Some fantastic dialogue, and Cooper & March give an amazing and enjoyable performance as a duo.

10. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Design for Living

3.75 stars. I really like the play and this film is not the play but the spirit of the play is in the film. The four leads are great, the dialogue is witty, and the film is beautifully shot. I just love what this film stands for, which is amongst other things: freedom and fun!

11. Elisa's rating of the film Design for Living

"No sex" with Gary Cooper and Fredric March around, that's impossible! :P

12. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film Design for Living

I have a feeling this film improve on second viewing. Great script.

13. David Huxley's rating of the film Design for Living

This pre-code comedy directed by the incomparable Ernst Lubitsch may have jettisoned Coward's original stage play for the screen treatment by Ben Hecht, but what it lacks in wit, it makes up in charm. The three leads work so well together, you'd think there was a menage-a-trois going on behind the camera. Miriam Hopkins was never better. Films with this subject matter couldn't be made until thirty years later.

14. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Design for Living

Was this movie like the precurser to all those french 2 guys and a girl movies that occured a few decades later? I can't believe the topic matter in this old gem. I think I prefer Cooper in comedic roles like this or Hawks' "Ball of Fire". March and Hopkins are great too.

15. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Design for Living

I have a crush on Miriam Hopkins, but that aside, this is a lovely and insightful film into the era both on and off the screen. I still like Trouble in Paradise more, but this is a lovely accompaniment. I wouldn't mind doing a loose remake of it now...

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Design for Living

Still as racy as ever, this pre-Code comedy has perfect chemistry and plenty of laughs between the 3 leads even if it wasn't a faithful adaptation of Coward's work.

17. john barry bornstein's rating of the film Design for Living

Quite the woman, that Miriam Hopkins.

18. MarcH's rating of the film Design for Living

One of the greatest things about the DVD and TCM era of today...the rediscovery and appreciation for Miriam Hopkins. She is just wonderful.

19. Sadhaka's rating of the film Design for Living

Simply brilliant. Hopkins shines.

20. chanandre's rating of the film Design for Living