1. PeterK94's rating of the film Detention

I’ve seen Detention maybe three times and I don’t know what to think of it. I like it but for everything I like there’s something awful right after.

2. João R's rating of the film Detention

This has a nice final message and has really strong points, but it's core it's too aroused to function properly.

3. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Detention

When a film includes a scene where the film is referring to itself á la a mirror reflecting another mirror, and features a time-traveling grizzly bear and "TV hand", along with more than a handful of clever humor and a talented young cast, you've got a winner of a film. Definitely indie in its presentation and visual effects, but inherently fun and endearing at the same time. Some very funny situational comedy, too.

4. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Detention

Perfect comicbook-ish feeling in a sea of 90s references.

5. film_lies101's rating of the film Detention

This is basically a 'Not Another...Movie' or like being repeatedly slapped in the face by a hyperactive dildo

6. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Detention

It's such an entertaining cult film that has a lot of pop-culture reference. Definitely underestimated it!

7. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Detention

Too many ideas together made it confusing, all right. But this (amazing) soundtrack certainly deserved a playlist on Spotify. So here it is and here we go: https://goo.gl/XNXHW0

8. caprica_six's rating of the film Detention

jesus christ this movie was trying so hard and just ended up being an obnoxious mess. a lot more memorable than most teen horror, though.

9. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Detention

I don't know what to think, it was both surprising in a good way but so over the top and childish in others

10. lostlevel's rating of the film Detention

I confess re-appraising films I've already seen doesn't happen that often or at least I can't be bothered to re-write the reviews. Still I recently watched this again to see if it still holds up, long story short it does. Something about this somewhat feverish nostalgia slasher makes me laugh, sometimes it's silly or plain daft but I found it endearing. I find it hard to be picky when a film is so fun.

11. Sam Gibbons's rating of the film Detention

12. Pymo's rating of the film Detention

That's pop culture, bitch!

13. Julien Marcoux's rating of the film Detention

This movie was supposed to be so bad that is good, but it was to much bad so it suck!!!

14. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Detention

A strangely transfixing trudge through superficial creativity and self-defeating irony.

15. LNLee's rating of the film Detention

I honestly didn't know what to make of this movie. Pure crack. Had its really ingenious moments.

16. Sean's rating of the film Detention

Detention is pretty silly entertainment but I really enjoyed the hell out of it. Tons of pop culture references and homages to classic teen flicks. dialogue is fast and furious, I wasn't bored at all watching this movie.

17. elmer_fishsticks's rating of the film Detention

A reflection of the now. Relentlessly beautiful and a brilliant destruction of genre lines.

18. HenriqueA's rating of the film Detention

I shouldn't have, but I quite liked it. It is fun, terribly silly and deliciously trashy. It just tries soooo hard to be cool that it wears it's welcome a little bit, but it still is a pretty satisfying milkshake of references. It borrows heavily from Scream, Scott Pilgrim, Donnie Darko, Kaboom, et al and although it is not on their league, it might satisfy it's fans.

19. novanindro's rating of the film Detention

this one is better than the cabin in the woods

20. hastapura's rating of the film Detention

Goddamn. That was something. Overstimulated, hyperlinked, multitasking, 4G ridiculousness that couldn't be more of-the-moment. Whether I could come back in five years and still be into it is another, and possibly irrelevant, matter: how could you not be excited about what this dude will direct next?

21. Cbarky99's rating of the film Detention

A candy-coated 21st century slice of American Delerium that pushed all the right buttons for me. Oddly positive about the future.

22. Ari's rating of the film Detention

I'm too old for this shit.

23. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Detention

Link to a review - http://mubi.com/lists/halloween-31-for-31-2012-edition

24. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Detention

The definition of a "wtf" movie...