1. caitlin.f's rating of the film Detour de Force

this really cool until i realized it was all fake.

2. mpiedfort's rating of the film Detour de Force

Barely entertaining enough to justify its length, a bit redundant. The use of "gismos" is a huge tip-off that it's simply a magic trick. Is the viewer meant to recognize this so early on? Or are we really to believe that this is "magic"? I don't know, it just kind of wandered along randomly...but maybe they did the best they could using what limited original footage was available. Agree on there being no context.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Detour de Force

Sometimes I wish people had to have a "background check" before making a film.

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Detour de Force

5. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Detour de Force

Obvious fraud/magic act, but I liked how the film built a mythology around the nensha 'phenomenon' anyway. Cinema as make-believe, 'documenting' make-believe.

6. T Mills's rating of the film Detour de Force

A fascinating subject and slightly unconventional approach make this a unique cinematic journey.

7. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Detour de Force

Archival footage of Ted Serios, who, between slugs of Budweiser, takes a great many selfies, occasionally capturing a vague image of something else via sleight of hand, and gets angry at those around him. Maybe—maybe—it could be interesting as a character study, but it is very brief and no context is provided. Who is this guy?

8. bodhishin's rating of the film Detour de Force

No set up to the film, and when you realize what's going on, turns redundant. I did enjoy the quality and projection of the film that had the gravitas of a 1960s news reel that created a feeling of suspense in spite of the lack of story line.

9. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Detour de Force

This is presented as if you were a fly in the room when the experiments took place. It's a very interesting perspective on a once mystic.

10. Yakkup's rating of the film Detour de Force

I was hoping to see a documentary that would introduce us to Ted Serios, maybe give us a little background on this person. Nevertheless it was cool to see the original footage and photographs.

11. muse_x's rating of the film Detour de Force

Interesting concept, though I only stayed w/ it so that I could seriously jones on (that) Polaroid film, which, needless to say, is no longer available. Then again, my old skool Polaroid camera got recently stolen, so, never mind

12. Ben Loory's rating of the film Detour de Force

not much to it, but it was interesting enough to make me go read up on the guy. kind of fun. a nice change of pace.

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Detour de Force

Not sure what to do with this 'documentary'. The description is misleading. It's not science. It's not ESP. It's more like a demonstration of sleight of hand where the magician pretends it's real. Does the filmmaker have no responsibility to indicate that he's a fraud? Is the ravings of a psychotic what we're after? A human train wreck a la 'Reality TV'? I'd say this was highly irresponsible.

14. saitosouta's rating of the film Detour de Force

First: Who's Ted Serios? Second: .......Who's Ted Serios? Third: ..........................Who's Ted Serios?

15. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Detour de Force

An interesting and compelling documentary. Truth or fiction I sure can't tell, but it kept me watching and wanting more.

16. Orpheusfx's rating of the film Detour de Force