1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Dheepan

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/dheepan-jacques-audiard/

2. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film Dheepan

Keputusasaan Dheepan, tak sekedar turning point, tetapi entertaining. Tanpa itu, Dheepan hanyalah drama biasa.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Dheepan

Good film, if you don't think too hard about it.

4. ammar's rating of the film Dheepan

5. FCC 86's rating of the film Dheepan

"It's not about the language. It's about sense of humor"

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film Dheepan

A good film if not a deserved Palme d'Or winner. The premise is worthy for filmic inquiry, but its attempt to convey multicultural social realism lacks authenticity, and the characters lack the psychological depth required to avoid caricature. Audiard is a competent filmmaker, but the chance to explore fraught social milieus seems like a missed opportunity.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Dheepan

With the plot of an 80s action movie, this is a very intimate and eye opening film with a lot of heart that is masterfully made.

8. choupinet's rating of the film Dheepan

« Fais-moi un bisou, comme tout le monde. » We follow three different souls, whom in the beginning are complete strangers to each other. All they have in common is their culture, language and memories of an on-going war in their homeland. I melted a bit when Dheepan and Yalini shared an intimate moment at the dining table while talking about his lack of understanding French humor. Lovely and touching.

9. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Dheepan

10. Arianekiks's rating of the film Dheepan

3.5; Great movie except the unrealistic ending

11. Ryan Borja's rating of the film Dheepan

Essential viewing! Dheepan is ahead of its time: pulling in a disturbing reality about the immigrant experience. Can't get some scenes out of my mind even after a few days of watching. Audiard is in his masterful form. Deserving Palme winner.

12. Jake Davis's rating of the film Dheepan

"Trouble isn't in my interest."

13. DSPRKY's rating of the film Dheepan

All well and good until our boy Dheepan goes completely ballistic.

14. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Dheepan

Audiard style is so viceral, so good I can't help but love, but that last act is too far from the spirit this film shows before that its hard to take.

15. anarresti's rating of the film Dheepan

Great insight into today's conflicts and struggles. And, again, Jacques Audiard is talented presenting lead characters as imperfect, flawed humans, like we truly are. The narrative looks at how a french "banlieue" ruled by gangs becomes the second landscape for violence of a trio. A man, a woman and a chid that are learning how to be a family of refugees, the way found to escape war in their homeland Sri Lanka.

16. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Dheepan

I still remember the mixture of confusion and annoyance from critics when Dheepan won a surprise Palme d'Or, and while it's a functional film, it's certainly an ordinary one. Jacques Audiard knows where to point the camera, but Dheepan ultimately gives in to the most irksome trend of what passes for serious social realism these days: movies that scream "I'm the stuff of life!" but feel like the stuff of fiction.

17. lisa's rating of the film Dheepan

very mixed up... i can see why it was received positively given that a french director made this movie at the time that he did, but i wish it had been more about the main characters and their unit instead of telling also some half side story about french crime. the last ten minutes totally lost the plot

18. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film Dheepan

la línea blanca, lass orejas iluminads

19. RumbleFish's rating of the film Dheepan

Mi piace soprattutto questo concetto che si possa essere felici vivendo in una banlieu e lavando le scale e che il degrado sia sempre solo visto da un occhio esterno

20. wintermelontea's rating of the film Dheepan

i thought the first part of the film was really good but it just turned into some kamikaze action that unfortunately, ruined itself. i guess i was expecting some commentary on the migrant experience and while the film did try to humanise and complicate it, it went spiralling downwards into a psuedo crime/action/gang plot.

21. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Dheepan

France is hell. The UK is heaven. Audiard's manichean geopolitical tale is too simplistic, but I can see why it would score big prizes in Cannes: it was the right film at the right time. Basically, it's "La Haine meets The Raid".

22. zohen lux's rating of the film Dheepan

got a little too crazy at the end

23. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Dheepan

Fantastic performances drive this engrossing drama which builds towards a pulsating thriller. There seems to be a general consensus that the finale is overwrought, but I don't agree. The film earns the high stakes finale through fantastic writing throughout. Not a good advert for inner city Paris mind...

24. noice's rating of the film Dheepan

the first 5 minutes WOW the last 5 minutes LMFAO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. the art house from dusk til dawn.

← Previous 1 3 4