1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Diabolique

2. pintobean's rating of the film Diabolique

The last 10 minutes took this from a 4 to a 5 and back down to a 4 in my mind. There's so much there and, to mirror what others have said about ambiguity, I feel it would have been infinitely more thought-provoking had the ending been left more open. Alas. Still a gem of a film, with a knot of tension at its core directors have been trying to replicate for decades.

3. patríciapinho's rating of the film Diabolique

i don't like this concept. women pretending to work with each other whilst secretly plotting with an abusive, cheating, shrimp dick of a man?? this is the reverse gone girl i didn't ask for

4. abyantama's rating of the film Diabolique

5. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Diabolique

6. MistaRichard's rating of the film Diabolique

A criminally underappreciated suspense masterpiece. It's amazing to see the influence this had on Hitchcock, clearly noticeable in his following work ("Vertigo" and "Psycho", just to name a couple...); and that final scene...

7. yovargas's rating of the film Diabolique

A murder mystery with a couple good twists but slow, listless pacing ruins the intended moody atmosphere. The ending is a knockout, delivering some genuine edge-of-your-seat thrills, but it's not worth the long, dull ride to get there. This one gets a C-.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Diabolique

Une splendide oeuvre vénéneuse et intemporelle qui se regarde chaque fois avec un plaisir accru et un délicieux frisson rétrospectif. On se souviendra longtemps de la fameuse scène anthologique de la "résurrection" de Paul Meurisse hors de la baignoire. www.cinefiches.com

9. wiwitaek's rating of the film Diabolique

at first, a character Véra Clouzot plays was really annoying to watch, made me want to slap her hard and it was put a great deal of shadow of horrible judgement about this movie. After a while, I began to think, damn, it's the whole point, right? And that's exactly moment I love Diabolique instantly. Anyway, I'm afraid its way better than any Hitchcock's suspenses.

10. Renton47's rating of the film Diabolique

'Diabolique' now feels familiar, it's no longer novel to have us follow and sympathise with victims plotting a murder. Here the layering builds mystery, as we slowly understand the dynamics and the extent of the crime; it still seems remarkable to have such an open understanding between the wife and her husband's lover. So I admire but don't adore - a little slow, a little unsurprising for today's expectations.

11. Muraki's rating of the film Diabolique

diabolical..loved every bit of it..the ending scene was truly great & mind blowing (the kid scene)

12. Chris's rating of the film Diabolique

wow... absolutely perfect acting, twist(s) very unexpected

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Diabolique

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Diabolique

Didn't want to like it, because it was recommended to me by a snob. It was undeniably good.

15. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Diabolique

The original twist! 'Diabolique' went where no film had gone before (at the time), telling its viewers a story, only revealing tot them in the last few moments that an entirely different story was being told the whole time. The idea of such a dramatic plot twist, a complete 180° turnaround from the perceived understanding of events, was unheard of at the time, and in fact paved the way for so many films to come...↓

16. James Mackin's rating of the film Diabolique

A stellar horror film from the master of tension.

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film Diabolique

18. ammar's rating of the film Diabolique

19. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Diabolique

the end was honestly so unexpected for me

20. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Diabolique

21. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Diabolique

22. Amanda Arantes's rating of the film Diabolique

23. Joel's rating of the film Diabolique

A powerhouse of classic moments. The print(first edition Criterion) was somewhat weak and a bit distracting but you couldn't help but be impressed with the mid-film twist that keeps turning. A classic.

24. HSBilly's rating of the film Diabolique

the ending caption makes me laugh, so hard, while this frightening film manage to give me the creeps

← Previous 1 3 4 5