1. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Walden

2. Eduardo Makoszay's rating of the film Walden

I make home movies therefore I live

3. arcondicionado's rating of the film Walden

4. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Walden

5. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Walden

One of the definitive films on the subject of memory and the way things are remembered.

6. Artem Eihart's rating of the film Walden

the last reel is exceptional, otherwise it was like trying to squeeze some avant-garde out of rabbit shit

7. Nicolas Marin.'s rating of the film Walden

8. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Walden

the primordial and best diary film ever in an age when it's theoretically so simple to do this no one has done an epic of snapshots and lyrical poems and daily missives better than Mekas and better than this masterpiece of personal cinema

9. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Walden

Mekas, en su diario, rodeado de toda su generación cultural. Son una serie de rostros, grupos de conversación o debate, encuentros con mentores como Carl T. Dreyer. Hay una búsqueda por revelar el lado comprometido. El director gusta además de atrapar el círculo íntimo, sea el familiar o amical. La congregación es una debilidad de este documental. Espacios que giran en torno a interacciones humanas. Diario colectivo.

10. William's rating of the film Walden

If Dreyer shows up in your movie, you done good.

11. Amin Lumière's rating of the film Walden

Ultra-masterpiece,beyond beauty

12. El Biffo's rating of the film Walden

Unimpressed by a film we were seeing at PFA, my friend and I left during the middle, went home and watched this. It was beautiful. Also known as "Walden", you can see it on UBU. Stop the action anywhere for a beautiful still photograph. Brilliant. Jonas Mekas' reputation as "The godfather of American avant-garde cinema" is well-deserved.

13. Hudson.'s rating of the film Walden

a complete breakdown of the reels: http://smironne.free.fr/NICO/FILMS/waltdm.html

14. Balder Strååt's rating of the film Walden

One of the most complete and personal works of art I know of, and one that shouldn't be difficult to resonate with for any (reasonable open-minded) individual. I could probably shamelessly base my life and worldview on the perceptive nature of this film.

15. Robert Orlowski's rating of the film Walden

"I am searching for nothing and I am happy" repeats Mekas, summing up his ability to mesmerize the audience with a 3 hour diary. With a nuanced use of various frame rates, constantly forcing the viewer absorb/experience "in between the frames", rather than the literal picture, paralleled with a sense of natural rhythm and a world defined in kodachrome Mekas has crafted (as cliche as it sounds) life itself on film.

16. folm's rating of the film Walden

" I am searching for nothing. I am happy. "

17. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Walden

This is a mighty film. And a very beautiful one.

18. davandwar's rating of the film Walden

extraordinary piece, so inspirational...

19. Borges's rating of the film Walden

"Cinema is between the frames."

20. REH1101's rating of the film Walden

Probably the most accessible example of avant-garde, as well as a great inspiration for aspiring filmmakers. It's a reminder of how many options there are to explore after freeing yourself from the inevitable restraints that come with convention. Mekas' film is personal, perceptive, and to a devotee of the counter-culture, downright interesting. I would imagine filming your own cinematic diary would be an experience.