1. redux's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

Certainly not the timewaster the two-star reviews moan about. ADD won't help, for sure. More backstory than in the Bunuel version (given a fitting homage with the ferret scene), but the the political message is just as eloquent. 3 1/2

2. amirshams's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

I watched this long ago, but all I can remember is that it was a complete waste of time.

3. Claudia Negrea's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

what a load of crap. I simply can't see the point of this kind of adaptations/remakes anymore. Mediocre written dialogues and annoying camera movements. Useless theme and subject for today's society, artistic movements. who the fck still wants to hear these stories?

4. La Boracherie's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

5. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

She wants to break free. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2016/01/journal-dune-femme-de-chambre-diary-of.html

6. José Neves's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

Bourgeois bla bla bla, with correct production values and a threat of derision that comes from Mirbeau's original text .

7. spiderliliez's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

I just realized how different this was from the original novel. It's changed so much, I need to read the book. Despite the really impressive performances, most notably by Léa Seydoux and Clotilde Mollet; I am not convinced this was even a good adaptation. For one, it's awfully and morally flawed. And sadly, not exactly giving any woman justice.

8. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

9. Dasha Kounina's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

i guess it's the plot that made me feel sick because Lea's performance is actually great.

10. alice's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

Léa Seydoux has nothing to do with Jeanne Moreau in The Bunuel original 1964 movie. So déjà-vu and not even the attempted modern touch of the director does not save the lost 96 minutes of your life.

11. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Diary of a Chambermaid

I would like to see the Luis Buñuel adaptation of the book to be able to compare. The story was interesting but the characters left me a bit cold. However, it was interesting to see the relationships between servants and masters and to see that Celestine the 'femme de chambre' was actually a very strong and dominant person, finally following and obeying the man she wants to be with...