1. el.'s rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

By far my most favorite Bresson film.

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

3. film_frame's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

Are you there God? If not, i'm fucked!

4. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

A powerful existential piece. Incredibly moving film that tosses between commitment to faith and apathy. Brought by physical pain and the death of his contemporaries torments a priest to question his belief. Alone, he feels he cannot turn to anyone besides God for Love. Yet, he is tortured by His silence.

5. Doğukan Doğu's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

Après avoir regardé ce film, je dis juste que je suis décidé à rester désormais étranger à toute polémique humaine.

6. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

8. Riddle, van, stellar's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

An early iteration of Bresson's awkward-yet-luminous underdog martyrs, trodden on by a hypocritical & mercenary society - poor in spirit & substance. Finding their way, despite cruelty, despite the camera's imposed austerity, despite Bresson's relentless precision - to the Sublime, and transcendence. Leaving society to its shame... Bergman will riff on this one nicely (if less earnestly) later, in Winter Light.

10. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

best film ever made w a male protagonist

11. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

Sitting at the front in the dark room of the cinematheque, my head slightly inclined, watching a Bresson like I'm watching a religious icon. An epiphany.

12. bryanvmh's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

D'une grande austérité, d'un extrême dépouillement cinématographique, cette remarquable oeuvre janséniste du réalisateur risque fort de dérouter... www.cinefiches.com

14. Balthaz21's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

16. Robert Burdock's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

Touches the soul in such a way that so few other films ever could. It's closing lines transverberate the heart at its very centre.

17. Gerdrût's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

"As soon as I closed my eyes, sadness overwhelmed me." Beautiful!

18. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

19. alice's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

Come in tutti i film di Bresson che ho visto, ritrovo anche qui quella calma irreale, quella recitazione rigida, didascalica (con qualcosa di teatrale, forse) che mi sembrano elementi costituenti e fondanti della sua poetica. Il protagonista ha il viso dolcissimo, inerme, esaltato di un santo.

20. raghumenonj's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

21. Erik F.'s rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

I feel bad for not liking this more than I do. I've seen all of Bresson's films and this one is my least favorite.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

23. Justine Vernera's rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest

I think I have problems with the coldness of Bresson's main characters (just like in "Pickpocket") which keeps me away from full involvement in movie-watching process although the narrative is surprisingly exciting. It seems that the thoughts of the main actor dominate over his emotions which, at times, makes it difficult to get truly absorbed in the film. Something to watch again and again to "get it" completely.

24. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Diary of a Country Priest