1. zohen lux's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

louise brooks is a star but edith meinhard totally stole the show for me. google's not being helpful so if you have any info on her hmu me up! hope she's still alive out there, 109 yrs old and gorgeous, browsing the web and reading this, i'm a big fan of your work babe

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

3. le Gars's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

4. nessmj's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

my first Pabst - incredible, really. so many squared up shots of contorted faces, the party scene where thymian is obscured by dancing people is dizzied and beautiful, thematically brutal at times but lovely that a certain brand of morality can't extinguish thymian's grace and goodness.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

6. Kai-Erik Jensen's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

I was entranced by wonderful camera movement in the opening minutes, and the glint of the high studio lights was used often to great effect. Edith Meinhard stole the show as Thymian's friend, but other cast members were equally gripping in their surprisingly subtle performances. Some acting did not age well, and Thymian's final gesture for her half-sister did not convince me, nor am I sold yet on Brooks' appeal.

7. Landen Celano's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

So far ahead of its time in so many regards, and all of them are eclipsed by Louise Brooks.

8. Loz Loory's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

Wow, that was amazing. So glad it got restored. I'm a sucker for a good morality tale. Too bad the piano music wasn't more nuanced. How hard is it to play a tango when people are tango-ing? Also, best misspelling on a subtitle: "Dairy of a Lost Girl"! Good chuckle when the cow appeared. Preferred this film to "Pandora's Box," as social realism and characters from different strata in German society fascinating.

9. David R Williams's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

I really tried but ultimately failed to get through this. Brooks is - as always - mesmerizing - and there are scenes here that are incredible. But overall...it just failed to hold my interest.

10. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

With Pabst and Brooks together, how could it not be perfect? Still compelling, gorgeous, and perfect after all these years. Even the unintentionally funny overacting by some of the supporting players is sublime.

11. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

A restive spirit pervades this film, as if it is haunted by a feeling that there is darkness underneath the high living of 20s flappers and rich patrons. Brooks gives a performance that feels natural and unstagy, even in a society that had artifice at its core. In simpler terms, this a modern-feeling masterwork revealing the self-centered heart of the idle rich.

12. SuzyViolence's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

13. David Richards's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

Brooks is terrific. On this viewing I was very aware of hand gestures, the nervously tapping fingers and grasping, controlling claws of leering men.

14. Mark Lancaster's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

Don't miss this, one of Eberft's Great Movies: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-diary-of-a-lost-girl-1929

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

The original hooker with a heart of gold!

16. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

Pabst and Brooks were quite a team. Second only to Pandoras Box in Brooks' catalog.

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

19. LNLee's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

everything about this movie except louise brooks' face and some good shots is a joke.

20. Pascal Demeester's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

No words in this world to describe the beauty of Louise Brooks .

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

"With a little more love, no one in this world would ever be lost."

22. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

23. Violins By Night's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

24. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Diary of a Lost Girl

Whatever happened to Edith Meinhard? Someone asks but no one knows. http://immensedarkblossom.blogspot.com/2012/05/whatever-happened-to-edith-meinhard.html http://immensedarkblossom.blogspot.com/2012/06/update-edith-meinhard.html Better than Pandora for Pabst & Brooks collaboration.