1. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

another great city portrait

3. Sherman De Jesus's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

4. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

The correct title is really "L'opera-Mouffe". I don't know why there is an English title as it was never released in English. When Agnes Varda presented it in person in USA 2 years ago, she showed a print in French with no subs, but no subs are required to enjoy this "street study", a precursor to "Daguerreotypes": https://vimeo.com/108840035

6. chanandre's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

La séquence des amoureux est un chef d'oeuvre absolu: si tendre, doux et beau: leurs corps nus, le travelling qui part de ses anches à elle et s'arrête à son sourire à lui; la façon dont elle caresse ses pieds; la façon dont sa main touche sa poitrine sans poils; le baiser matinal. Rester dans le lit car on l'aime à l'infini">(...)badine avec la mort" ♡ les pommes de terre qui tombent & la beauté d'une femme enceinte

7. Slavik Shynkarenko's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Warm, deep and frank. Provokes thinking. Somethings reminds of Henri Cartier-Bresson’s work.

8. Leandro Querido's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

9. MattBody's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

very touching. reminds me of the structural similitudes of life in different contexts

10. ahermosilla's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

imágenes increibles después de tantos años de haber sido filmadas!!!!

11. mezcolanza's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Genial ver algo de ésta época de Vardá.

12. Madelene's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

varda does the stranger well

13. EdieEmm's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Aesthetically, a departure from the Varda I've seen, in a direction that might have made it my favourite. Instead, though the visuals on their own were far more stylistically interesting than usual, they didn't mesh with her standard, relatively straightforward, empathy-heavy narrative elements, making the whole thing, sadly, come across as arbitrary and amateurish. Also could've done without the opera schtick. 2.5

14. msmichel's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Quite wonderful short from Varda in which she lovingly looks at her Mouffe neighbourhood in both its splendour and its' degradation while reflecting on life, pregnancy, joys and disappointments all in equal measure by simply showing images and sharing a song. Shot by the great Sacha Vierny with wonderful precision.

15. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Poetic, experimental, nice views of common glares, we've all been there... soon to be, soon to be gone.

16. saitosouta's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Montage, Montaaaage, Montaaaaaaaaage, Montaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage, Montaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage. (MUBI)

17. Miikka-Markus Leskinen's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

18. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

A throwback into the silent era. This short film is less about pregnancy and more about life. It presents life through a couple of short vignettes which represent some of the fundamental juxtapositions in life, young versus old, life versus death and happy versus sad. A little experimental at times but in the end it's not that hard to see the angles.

19. DVC's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

20. Erich Rau's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Incredibly imaginitive and evocative. I was impressed by Varda's ability to be both cynical and joyful in tone, and all that in 16 minutes.

21. mistyrabbit@gmail.com's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Didn't understand the point of it...May be I need to watch it again...I usually like Agnes Varda's work...

22. Log Lady's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

A commendable portrayal of Parisian people that moves between narrative, documentary, symbolism, and metaphors. Excellent cinematography.

23. Ruben Marrufo's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman

Great short by Agnes Varda. I've seen Agnes recent work and I never quite liked it. But i have to give it to her with this short divided by thoughts about Pregnancy, on drunkness, on anxiety and other series of feelings that come pregnancy. Portraits of people, animals and kids with masks give this short a variety of looks and feels.

24. yaz's rating of the film Diary of a Pregnant Woman