1. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Not even the beautiful production design can save this excruciatingly boring mess.

2. Shantal Abrego's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Los colores lisos y la fotografía, hacen una aproximación entre las pinturas de Edward Hopper y los viejos cartones. Visualmente es perfecta, pero la historia no alcanza a dar nada de sí. Llena de cultura norteamericana.

3. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film Dick Tracy

The great set designs, costumes and cinematography can't save this artificial big budget effort that could've been so much better with less emphasis on style and action and more on substance, grit and storytelling.

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Such a mixed bag of a film which breaks aesthetic ground for comic book adaptations but fails to register on characterisation. Still a fascinating anachronistic curiosity watch nonetheless.

5. Blumes's rating of the film Dick Tracy

a thin blockbuster with endless charm, artifice and song.

6. Alex Holland's rating of the film Dick Tracy

This is a frustrating review, because visually, Dick Tracy is a masterpiece, an insane concoction of colours, makeup, and Art Deco galore. But the story & characters are so wooden/ and the dialogue feels like it wouldn't make it in a weak episode of the 60s Adam West Batman show. The weird thing is I remember liking this as a kid, but now I'm starting to question whether I just payed attention the set design.

7. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Dick Tracy

8. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Dick Tracy

"No grief for Lips?" "I'm wearing black underwear."

9. film_lies101's rating of the film Dick Tracy

A very faithful adaptation of the comic strip and a loving homage to 40s WB gangster pictures. Never has artifice been so sublime

10. HKFanatic's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Warren Beatty barely registers in the lead role, Madonna is woefully miscast, Al Pacino devours the scenery like it's his last meal, and yet - I dare say it doesn't matter, for the simple fact that "Dick Tracy" boasts some of the most astounding art direction and production design in the history of cinema. Every frame resembles a comic strip come to life, with primary colors and matte paintings that absolutely pop.

11. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Dick Tracy

12. msmichel's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Technically a triumph with kudos to Richard Sylbert's production design, Milena Canonero's costumes, the cinematography of Vittorio Storaro and the makeup department. Unfortunately performance and story wise it's pretty much a wash out. Beatty made a bland Tracy, Madonna a vacuous Breathless and the rest of the cast let the makeup do the acting save the great Hoffman cameo. Colour never looked so vibrant though.

13. Dombl's rating of the film Dick Tracy

A really cool comic adaption. Especially the settings are designed well in a comic-tradition. Today Sin City is up to date, in the 90s it was, I think, really Dick Tracy by Beatty.

14. alida!'s rating of the film Dick Tracy

Ok I saw this in the theater back in the day. The costumes and sets are amazing. But, unfortunately, I don't think that Warren Beatty fits the role for Dick Tracy - too pretty boy (yes even at that age), and not enough grit. Mr. Ambivalent. Dick Tracy needs to be a bit starker looks and voice-wise. But a great film visually. Even with Madonna. ;)

15. Joks's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Can't believe all the style freaks gave this such a low mark! Coming to blu-ray this December! Can't wait!

16. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Dick Tracy

a 6/10 my review: http://mubi.com/reviews/24952

17. Z's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Bold and beautiful primary colors splashed across the screen with confident technical virtuosity. The plot and characters have the simple, mythic innocence of a Sunday afternoon comic strip mixed with a marvelous old Hollywood feel. This film is a one-of-a-kind work of visual pop art. Beatty pushed the envelope at that time in terms of creating a fully credible yet wholly stylized world. A summer movie for the ages.

18. hhbjarnason's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Just saw it for the first time. Wow. This was some serious creative work at the time. Like Sin City but instead of special effects simply colors, sceneography, lighting et cetera. Fabulous.

19. TravisSMcClain's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Warren Beatty just won his lawsuit over the film & TV rights to the character, so I'm hoping this means we'll *finally* get his director's cut. I love this movie, from its production design to costumes, from the music to the makeup. And I thought the story was decent and the cast terrific. I even thought Madonna was perfectly cast as Breathless Mahoney.

20. Nayo Aragón's rating of the film Dick Tracy

and this masterpiece was done only a year after the fiasco of tim burton's batman. this one's the real deal. comic book-like art direction, out-of-the box gangster-tipe characters and great action scenes. if only more movies were made like these and not in the CGI-brain infested way.

21. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Stephen echoes my sentiments precisely.

22. Matt Kovar's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Who's brewing the coffee? Rip Van Winkle?

23. Aaken's rating of the film Dick Tracy

Compared to those Marvel comic flicks that regularly assault our screens nowadays, Dick Tracy may seem to lack excitement (or a decent script). But what it doesn't lack is a distinctive and unique style. Too many characters perhaps - most of them reduced to one-dimensional sketches. Madonna is the only one who brings more depth to her role. Art direction is amazing, so are the songs by Stephen Sondheim.