1. Steve G.'s rating of the film Diner

Don't buy the salted popcorn.

2. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Diner

cool group of actors & i totally forgot the pop-corn scene @ the cinema.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Diner

Basically I Vitelloni in English, Levinson succeeds by not going overboard with the characters. They are real, not stereotypes of a bygone era. One of the better 80s films I have seen.

4. msmichel's rating of the film Diner

Levinson's debut feature still shines and elicits a 'smile'. Great casting featuring a young group of actors who all went on to bigger things and various degrees of stardom. The friendships feel authentic and regardless of when one came of age one can see the dynamics of their own cliques within. Great dialogue despite little story but made up of wonderful moments. Kudos to Stern, Barkin, Rourke and Guttenberg (!).

5. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Diner

One of my favorite movies of all time. Boog's line "If you don't have dreams you got nightmares" still gets me.

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Diner

Impressive debut by Levinson, a '80s counter-culture classic that really stands to the test of time. and emerges as one of the greatest hangout films of all time. The cast is impeccable all-around, but Kevin Bacon and Mickey Rourke steal the show every time.

7. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Diner

80's Hollywood Cinema, great power to the dialogue and to the development of the character opposed to the evolution of the plot. Levinson's debut never fails to remind me how nothing ever changes. Once there were five friends sheltering themselves in a diner every night. Nowadays, you still have the coffee and the cigarettes, but inside a regular, boring café with no soundtrack. One of my guilty pleasures!

8. Howie's rating of the film Diner

This is a great film. One of Barry Levinson's loving tributes to Baltimore. Ahead of the excellent "Tin Men" and the uneven but touching in places (!) "Avalon".

9. Pål Halvorsen's rating of the film Diner

10. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Diner

11. k8's rating of the film Diner

I love movies with ensemble casts, and Diner was no exception. Usually, the groups are comprised of overused stereotypes yet the individual members of the diner crew were a treat to watch. Of course, it did help that all these kids are very good actors. Seeing a film in their humble beginnings was great.

12. Brian Padian's rating of the film Diner

pretty impressive debut feature

13. rorydean's rating of the film Diner

Levinson reminds us that character IS the pinnacle of any successful film then story, plot and the rest of it. One of the best group character films you can find with a list of actors who have shined ever since. How many films can boast nearly the entire cast went on to have such amazing careers? Back in the days when Rourke was a beautiful man and Kevin Bacon was just beginning a career - a must see film period.

14. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Diner

Woah, wait, Mickey Rourke used to be a cutie?!?!