1. DrFirestone's rating of the film Diptych

Interesting experiment, beautifully surreal, the two parts stay in contrast, but in a strange, subconscious, and poetic way balance each other. I wouldn't say this is something memorable, but if you appreciate surrealism in film, creativity, the 60s, a bit of madness, then most likely you will enjoy the experience.

2. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Diptych

3. Eugénie's rating of the film Diptych

4. Drafthing Dan's rating of the film Diptych

It’s difficult to point out the theme linking both panels. But there is something that connects them. Both monochrome images incorporated with the sound of daily life and Vivid images fulled of graceful voice of Tino Rossi seem to just continue without break. This combination evokes me the sense of eternity.

5. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Diptych

6. Sahand Mohajer's rating of the film Diptych

7. fearraigh's rating of the film Diptych

The subject matter seemingly derives from the formal disjuncture. It's hard to parse entirely but each volet has its charm (the first in particular). This is experimental cinema in the purest sense of the term. Try it and see how it goes.

8. Roslyn's rating of the film Diptych

I preferred the second volé. The combination of the flowers, colour, a cute kitty and Tino Rossi was rather lovely indeed.

9. Dogville59's rating of the film Diptych

Beauty knows not time. Wonderful short.

10. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Diptych

The two narratives are superb.

11. Daniel's rating of the film Diptych

The juxtaposition and ordering works well in generating more thought than either volet would have on it's own. I enjoyed drawing meaning - intentional or not - out of this absurd short.

12. lou.'s rating of the film Diptych

wtf moments and genius sparks alternating: my mind is now messed up, thanks #gattinijy

13. findfilm's rating of the film Diptych

An elderly farmer is seen in black and white tending to his sparse fields in the company of his dogs then drives home in his truck, parks it his garage and - end. Next various colourful bunches of flowers and a kitten are seen while Bizet music plays. It's a total contrast to the first part which must be the point of the exercise. Or maybe it is trying to bridge the gap between production and market. Plot lost.

14. Ludovic72's rating of the film Diptych

Un exercice de montage limpide, qui nous fait d'abord voir une "dure réalité" en noir et blanc (un campagnard quasi-centenaire continuant à travailler, accompagné de ses chiens), puis une "fantaisie colorée" (de belles fleurs dans des vases, un chaton et sa pelote de laine, sur un air de Tino Rossi). La seconde partie, "contaminée" par la première, en devient gênante. L'ironie de l'objet reste un peu trop facile...

15. Saulo Mohana's rating of the film Diptych

eye catching as much as extra sensorial

16. Chichago_'s rating of the film Diptych

If I have to choose, I will pick the second part as my favorite. Not only because it wins me with the presence of a cute kitten playing a ball of yarn; the combination of various flowers arrangements with a muted coloured background and the music is beautiful.

17. FISCHER's rating of the film Diptych

Deux mondes apparemment opposés. Mais le sont-ils vraiment ? Où simplement l'alpha et l'oméga de l'existence ? www.cinefiches.com

18. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Diptych

19. captainfez's rating of the film Diptych

This score is only so the cat doesn't get any sadder.

20. peaches and plums's rating of the film Diptych

what flowers are those at 7 39

21. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Diptych

22. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Diptych

3,5/5 Vrai acte surréaliste qui fait s'entrechoquer deux univers qui n'ont rien à voir ensemble ! Film intemporel tant la vieillesse est éternelle et les chatons ou autres pandas envahissent ad nauseam nos écrans actuellement !

23. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Diptych

Proof, if needed, that Borowczyk was one of the only true Surrealist film-makers (along with Buñuel and Švankmajer) since, like those two, his absurdity is aggressively rational, grounded in dialectical materialism and a politics of desire. To be honest, this doesn't mean that 'Diptych' is massively entertaining to watch, but it got my brain churning and the colours in the second volet are worthy of Godard!