1. FISCHER's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Entre humour et dénonciation, une oeuvre de qualité qui ne dénote en rien dans l'ensemble des films de Stephen Frears, toujours égal à lui-même, digne et revendicatif. www.cinefiches.com

2. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

3. Sprungler's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

A great thriller played by two amazing actors. Everybody in this film is belonging here, one of the best realized worlds I have ever seen in a motion picture. Have I mentioned it's in London and about immigrants? Purely brilliant!

4. taniaburrito's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

5. 14624@bol.com.br's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Wonderful movie. A must for every British person to watch.

6. klofter's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

I'm surprised at the middling reviews from my fellow MUBIans. While this is no great cinematic achievement, it's still a remarkable drama and unsentimental look at vulnerable immigrant communities. What's more, the two main characters were so well drawn I believed every one of their actions at any time. The ending is emotionally honest and heart breaking without being sappy. I recommend it highly!

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Compelling but not captivating. All felt a little too slight

8. Elizabeth Read's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Simply beautiful. Really captures the most brutal and profound aspects of London.

9. Daniel Reid's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

This is a high 4 for me. Great cast and characters, the film shines a light on the hidden side of the city.

10. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Overwhelmingly grimy and gritty - fleshed out and flawlessly performed characters. Sergi Lopez's villain is supremely motivated, although the more the film tries to make him appear evil, the less convincing he becomes.

11. Ian Skinner's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Well done and surprisingly realistic having spent a fair bit of time in these parts. The one thing that does not work is Tautou's character accent. The immigration police is a little too outwardly violent and stupid for their realism and are a bit if a cheap plot device. Good stuff otherwise.

13. Penelope q's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

A portrait of the underworld of immigration in London.

14. alimcintyre's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

A depressing portrayal of the desperate life of an illegal immigrant in London in 2002. Things have got a lot worse now 14 years on. A dirty pretty movie, great performance from Audrey Tautou, but not a film I would wish to see again.

15. Cherry's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

16. Babak Jani's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

I like this film but more because of the cinematography. Chris Menges has created a really good mood and developed the story visually.

17. Steve G.'s rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Smart and entertaining thriller with a superb performance from Audrey Tautou. One of Stephen Frears' best, and he's made many more fine films than he's ever given credit for.

18. anwoody's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

A little disappointing. Hardcore themes but this felt a little under-cooked and doesn't hit hard enough. The tone is confusing too: hovering very close to black comedy, but it doesn't dare go there, and shouldn't.

19. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Another side of London! Jarring music but insightful film about the struggle of illegal immigrants. Not sure if I would recommend it though.

20. janh24's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

A very elegant small-scale drama.

21. Nathan's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

A film that explores the lives of London's often unseen service workers, the off casts of a failing system and those that enforce it. Following the lives of two hotel workers bogged down in the bureaucracy of the UK asylum system both are driven to the extreme, runners in a desperate race to survive the unknown tomorrow however much you have to give up.

22. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

23. Charolastra's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

24. smndvdcl's rating of the film Dirty Pretty Things

Not the best or most relevant film title, but don't let that cloud your judgment - this film is a profoundly damning indictment on the socio-political effect of anti-immigration ideologues governing policy. An important piece of counter-propaganda in a time when a witch-hunt on multi-culturalism is as pervasive as ever. One of Frears' forgotten gems deserving of revisionist acclaim.