1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Dirty Wars

I think this is a film at war with itself; it's more of a long-read magazine article than a movie and the visual style, with the sharp color contrasts, are supposed to give that war torn impression but only makes it seem mildly immature. And the strings, oh god! The strings. But I think the story is clearly told and with a good pace. I found it had the feel of a kind of Oliver Stone film, only a documentary.

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Dirty Wars

sobering content, but not especially revelatory, and between the preening closeups of the narrator and the ostentatious post-rock soundtrack the picture comes across as overproduced. the sad truth may just be that there's far less to be shocked about in 2017 than 2013

3. mpho3's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Any reveal of your govt's shadow wars will be somewhat unsettling, but it's chilling to hear a Somalian warlord say, "America knows war. They are war masters. They know better than me... They are [great] teachers." I applaud Scahill's work but would have appreciated less of his presence and more of the things that made me sad, ashamed, embarrassed and appalled.

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Thank God for deconstructivists like Scahill who continue to challenge manufactured consent in all its guises.

5. suede's rating of the film Dirty Wars

7/10. Important docu on worldwide, covert killings by JSOC, the only military unit that reports directly to the US President. Scahill samples cases of murdered innocents. Probs: The docu is weak on backgrounds, and rather too author-centered. However, valuable education. As one interviewee says, a big hammer was created, and it will keep looking for a nail. // Original string music, played by Kronos Quartet!

6. Shiny Pete's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Guter Anschnitt eines, wie die Doku ja auch vermittelt, höchst komplexen Themas.

7. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film Dirty Wars

8. Axel Flachenecker's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Interesting documentary with shocking facts - but the movie suffers from the narrator playing himself into the foreground. Could have been much better.

9. veit.geldner@web.de's rating of the film Dirty Wars

10. trugschluss's rating of the film Dirty Wars

woosh... there is a problem...the more documentations you watch, the less you like humans on earth... this one was apart from the topic itself, amazingly shot!

11. Sebastian Herold's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Krass, müsste man direkt an das Nobelpreiskomitee schicken, damit die den Freidensnobelpreis für Obama nochmal überdenken

12. Dr. Q's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Good and interesting documentary, but poorly made movie

13. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Dirty Wars

OK for the investigative journalism (inspite of its lack of conclusions), but not for the movie. Its far too aestheticized with its horrible mood music in ethnic styles. Why not let the effect of pictures and narration unfold without such kitsch?

14. Achim Grün's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Focuses too much on pretty pictures and the narrator/director annoyingly puts himself into the focus all the time. Because of all this the wrong questions are asked and the right questions never get answered because they are not investigated further. Despite the delicate subject a documentary gone wrong. I did not learn anything new in this one.

15. korush's rating of the film Dirty Wars

16. Chaurero's rating of the film Dirty Wars

I read the book first so the movie feels like it doesn't tell you anything.

17. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Another reminder that we do live in a seriously fucked up world. I really dislike first person narratives like this that kind of sanctify the narrator, but the story was worth to endure.

18. Bill Arceneaux's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Praise and admiration are deserved, but will anything change? Only if you see and think about it.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Very well directed doc that moves along at a brisk pace, without a lot of people sitting around in chairs talking. But Scahill draws no conclusions! As an investigative journalist, he dredges up horrendous activities by JSOC, and the drone bombing program, but offers no rationale for why USA is attacking innocent people. We have to guess. OK, here's my best guess: it's profitable for military contractors.

20. matthewlong1985's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Excellent and important documentary. One of the essential films of 2013.

21. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Dirty Wars

★★★★ masters and puppets of a neverending war.

22. Jordan C Wellin's rating of the film Dirty Wars

If I never had to see another overly self-righteous, first-person documentary, that would be all right.

23. Endless Eye's rating of the film Dirty Wars

A scathing and unflinching expose into the defunct and unwinnable war on terror.

24. Matt Richards's rating of the film Dirty Wars

Fascinating insight into behind the scenes wars and assassinations going on around the globe that resulted from post-911 law re-writes and fear-mongering. Rowley is a brave man and his effort here is truly commendable. As JCS said below here, it would have been nice to tie it all together with the WHY'S? and shine a light on the global financial interests behind them and perhaps reach a wider audience. 4 stars