1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

"We were waving to ourselves, in a completely different time." . . . . "The last episode of "Dallas was aired in 1991. The same year that the Soviet Union disappeared."

2. mpho3's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

When video killed the radio star, did Western TV kill the U.S.S.R? Certainly seems that way in Kilmi's quirky retelling of a little known yet fascinating Cold War front.

3. Sal Gal's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

How western television destroyed the Soviet Union with the help of Emmanuelle and punk rock.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

Kilmi did to a documentary, what Kundera did to a novel. This is really good!!

6. Annabel Lyman's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

An innovative approach to documentary-making, and one that does not disappoint! Engaging, informative, fascinating. The footage is beautiful, the pace is comfortable, and the content is fresh.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

Not really a film. A TV documentary about the influence of Finnish TV on Soviet Estonia, made up mostly of TV clips. The American shows DALLAS and KNIGHT RIDER are the major touchstones. There are some film references, NONOTCHKA and EMMANUELLE. And I did appreciate seeing how Prague '68 was portrayed on Soviet TV. But calling this "Disco and Atomic War" is a come-on, really this is about TV in Estonia.

8. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

Out of the fire and into the disco inferno. Donna Summer and Dallas? Hardly Assata Shakur and David Gilbert. Well...in the words of the immortal Method Man, "first I"m gonna getcha once I gotcha I GAT-cha." Welcome to the nightmare of freedom. Now roll up your sleeves, we've got work to do.

9. noemi's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

how emanuelle and dallas helped destroying the soviet union.

10. kinesis's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

Great exit, the language, and before that so much unknown footage from just a couple of decades ago - including those unrepeatable disco moves...!

11. jim in austin's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

A fascinating and entertaining documentary about something I never knew existed: a technological and cultural Cold War across the Gulf of Finland fueled by an endless stream of crappy American TV series...

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Disco and Atomic War

I don't watch a lot of documentaries, but this one was interesting. It explains why you see those movies on YouTube where a Russian guy with a flat affect talks over the movie. It's also amazing to me how Dallas and Knight Rider could be propaganda without even trying.