1. lou.'s rating of the film Dislocation Blues

It simply didn't catch my attention enough to enjoy it. I liked the docu closing song choice though, just like a sing-along ;) It's 'Not for Me' by Bobby Daring.

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

It is like an introduction to the longer version of this film; in other words, it is more like a teaser. It was nice to see the scenes from the camping area, the people's coming together for a cause and the feeling of solidarity. Yet, I would like to see more.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Slappy McGee hits it exactly right...."a short documentary with a definite agenda a clear message. Beautiful photography throughout." A brief glimpse into an important (and polarizing) event. You get it or you don't. You support or you hate. This made me feel a piece of the love I imagine must have been there. Nobody did this for fun or profit, but for love and belief. That's a certainty.

4. vidyasudhan86's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

5. Blakevon's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

An interesting window into the Standing Rock protests of 2016. While beautifully edited, the young narrorator ruined it for me. Their sentences weren't cohesive and they seemed timid to be talking and it made me uncomfortable. I think without the narrators audio this film could have been much better. There was great use of contrast and colors and it gave insight into daily life at Standing Rock.

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

For someone from outside the USA watching this documentary, I felt it was made for people familiar with the context and what actually happened. I don't think it really helps "the cause" - if there is any behind it. What I think however, is that this would serve as a great introduction for a full length feature as it offers an intriguing glimpse of what took place there and wants you to learn more...

7. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Beautifully edited short about Standing Rock. Not so much about the aftermath of the movement but more about the romanticism of such an action and the way we perceive it. How you remember these special days. If you stay connected to the reality or not. No doubt Hopinka is a talented filmmaker but it is either too short or too messy to really be impactful.

8. Cosma's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

I would've needed a better understanding of spoken English to properly understand the movie, still I'm not seeking meaningful sentences in movies so... Beautiful, rethorical images, not even as good as an iPhone commercial.

9. Richard Tines's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Beware, rant ahead... I'm "white", but no white "saviour"...Sure, the Natives weren't perfect, (show me a perfect person, and I'll buy you glasses) but they were spiritually rich and good land-stewards, something that DAPL has brought out of many of us... c'mon people, this is our planet, & obsolete energies like oil will leave our planet looking like a valley full of dead, rotting bison (look it up)...Dump Trump!

10. anarresti's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Nice editing and great narrative flow. Nicely put together.

11. Loz Loory's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

An intriguingly simple and powerful documentary that brings us briefly inside the Standing Rock camp. Terrific photography. I would hope this is just the teaser for a long form documentary on the same subject.

12. Jessica's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

I really liked the way this documentary was shot. The opening shot of the person sitting on the ground on the right side of the frame with the color contrast of the blue sky with the golden ground looked stunning. The sun shinning from behind the persons head was also really nice. I also liked the long panning shot of the tents of people that lived at the camp. It helped show just how vast the camp really is.

13. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

14. Vinny's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Dislocation Blues is a powerful documentary about the Standing Rock protests. Two protesters gave interviews about the conditions the people were living in, and how they feel they are being oppressed by white government. The short documentary made me feel their pain and understand their view point, so I'd say the film did it's job. The images and camera effects were extraordinarily moving.

15. norman51227's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

I found the short documentary interesting more than anything. The short documentary was depicting how time was spent at Spirit Camp. There were so many people at the camp relaxing and enjoying the company of others without fighting or extensive amount of electricity. While watching, I felt like everyone at the camp was trying to get away from modern times and go back in time.

16. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

A profound glimpse of a brief, yet powerful moment in modern American history.

17. ejonline's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Because of our needs in the current political moment, the camp at Standing Rock became a somewhat one-dimensional symbol of resistance. This short film doesn't dwell on the mixed nature of the camp experience, but it does call attention to it and cautions against romanticizing the history. One testimonial in particular wrestles with the multiple types of dislocation that often arise during intense communal actions.

18. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Interesting, but I would hardly call this avant-garde. It's a short documentary with a definite agenda a clear message. Beautiful photography throughout.

19. captainfez's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Sharp and blunt at the same time.

20. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Dislocation Blues

Avant garde? Yeahh. ...nahhh, I don't think so. Like most reasonable people, I didn't need winning over to the cause. The dreadful narrative seemed determined to avert me though haha. My advice is, if you're going to be dogmatic, or say nothing, approach both with brave conviction and we'll decide the rest.