1. daniel duncan's rating of the film Divines

2. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Divines

Such a gripping protagonist, this is a film that looks and sounds gorgeous - it's sexy and feisty and heartbreaking, bold and political and angry. I have endless praise for this film.

3. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Divines

Combining The Dardennes' working class sensibilities and von Trier's art of human tragedy, DIVINES might be the best Netflix Original to date. Not to mention that this is also one of the most powerful debut feature ever, coming from Houda Benyamina (remember her name, you may). Oulaya Amamra is a revelation.

4. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Divines

5. .Ana.'s rating of the film Divines

A film that promised me more than it delivered. I couldn't connect to the characters fully nor could I feel the bonds between them as honest or true. Some moments between the girls are excellent but overall I wouldn't recommend it.

6. Matt Richards's rating of the film Divines

Awesome believable performances full of life and spontaneity from the two leads here set against a backdrop of harsh survivalist reality. I didn't care for the dancer or the dancing strand and I kind of wish they'd gotten away with it instead of the to-be-expected tragedy. 3 stars

7. Kevin Langhamer's rating of the film Divines

A very emotional film about friendship and about not letting yourself be defined by where we come from but about where we want to go.

8. vordven's rating of the film Divines

9. Tatami's rating of the film Divines

Similarly to Mustang (2015), I feel this one is slightly overrated due to its subject of study. Oulaya Amamra is good as the lead but everything else feels empty, and failing to make an impact in the end. 2.5/5

10. msmichel's rating of the film Divines

One of the year's best. Benyamina's film (a Camera d'or winner) crackles with audacity, topicality and intensity in its tale of a young teen trying to make some cash and a life for herself in a society that limits her potential. The director's sister, Oulaya Amamra, makes an outstanding debut here as Dounia capturing the determination and vitality of her character but also the self doubt and fear of coming of age.

11. Badis B's rating of the film Divines

Almost as good as "La Haine"

12. christinecarla's rating of the film Divines

13. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Divines

Starts like "Intouchables" and ends like "La Haine".

14. Nichole Ring's rating of the film Divines

15. JustinRoy's rating of the film Divines

16. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Divines

All kinds of promise promised here. Both in the sense that the film's first twenty or thirty minutes promise a deeper, finer-grained, more subtly brilliant film than its ham-fisted final half-hour turns this one into, and in that one senses Benyamina is only going to get better from here.

17. zohen lux's rating of the film Divines

dounia is as tough and daring as i aspire to be

18. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Divines

Hideously alive, fittingly brave, and socially apt; Those are just few immediate expressions among a long list of reactions you could utter for Houda Benyamina`s debut picture Divines.

19. Justwibi's rating of the film Divines

powerfull & emotional! nice featuring debute.

20. Patrícia Nunes's rating of the film Divines

21. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film Divines

22. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Divines

Típico drama social sobre adolescentes de naturaleza inmigrante, habitantes de la periferia atados a sueños recurriendo a caminos fáciles. "Divines" cierra cual película neorrealista, toda marca de optimismo se termina por diluir.

23. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Divines